For bass teachers, and students seeking them

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Eli M., Sep 13, 2007.

1. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Here's how to use the Advanced Member Search to find a bass teacher in your area:

1. Click Member List.
    2. Then Click Search Members.
    3. On the window that scrolls out, click Advanced Search.
    4. Select state from "Available for Instruction" dropdown, and select areas of instruction (double bass classical, double bass jazz, bass guitar).

Of course, this means that bass instructors should fill out their profiles so they can be found this way.

2. guitarrock24

guitarrock24

any bass guitar teacher is state college pennsylvania willing to teach

3. LowBSix

LowBSix

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    TECHNIQUE - TONE - TIME - GROOVE -THEORY - HARMONY - READING - CREATING: Bass Teacher available in the Thousand Oaks, CA area. I will travel to surrounding areas or you can come learn with me. 40 Years experience at National Touring & Recording as well as MTV Video and good old fashioned gigging around town. Email me with your location and let's talk!

4. wemmick

wemmick Supporting Member

I clicked on the "Advanced Member Search" link above and see a messsage saying

Sorry! The administrator has disabled the list of members.

Are there new words of advice for finding instructors? Should this thread be made unsticky?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. wemmick

wemmick Supporting Member

It's working again -- thanks!

7. vincentpghpa

vincentpghpa

Good tool. I'm going to contact a few folks near me in the pacific north west.

8. VictorG

VictorG

If anyone knows a bass instructor in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge Tn area please drop me a PM or reply here. I am wanting to relearn basic Bass technique to unlearn some bad habits. Had an Instructor but he wanted to only deal with bluegrass and since I am not interested in a stand up bass I ended up having to learn on my own. I do alright but boy did I pick up some things I would rather deprogram myself of.
    Money is no issue for lessons. I am able to practice whenever I choose and can put in as many hours as needed daily
    Thanks

9. miltslackford

miltslackford

Hi will this work in the UK too?

10. sofia11

sofia11

yes, it will work on UK

11. fenderlover77

fenderlover77

I'm looking for a bass guitar teacher in Tampa/St Pete area. I want a teacher that just plays bass - not guitar at all. Thanks

12. Katfish Krow

Katfish Krow

I'm looking for a bass instructor on the island of Kauai in Hawaii. I used the search and there's a few teachers in Hawaii but wither in Honolulu (another island) or just list "Hawaii" with no location.

13. Mr wiggl3s

Mr wiggl3s Banned

Looking for one in the bismarck/mandan area

14. IrishSpring

IrishSpring

I could use one that's near Durham/chapel hill in NC

15. ttreppa

ttreppa

I'm looking for a bass fiddle bluegrass teacher in the Westland, MI, USA area. Thank you.

16. Mike 257

Mike 257

Im looking for a Bass teacher in Kansas City Missouri or surrounding area . Absolute beginner here .

17. StankZappa

StankZappa

Hello! New bass player here needing some type of good foundation for further progress. I have been playing for a few months and know some things. I am in the Seattle area, pm me if you are willing to take me under your wing of bass awesomeness!

free beer. :bassist:

18. vBreezo

vBreezo

I am a 68 year old male who has dreamed about playing the Bass for years and finally purchased one in mid December 2011 (3 months ago as of this post) I have been practicing diligently for the past three months and am progressing as well as I can as a self-taught student. But I know that I will need a teacher to take it to the next level - beyond the basics.

If you are a teacher in the South Boston VA or Roxboro NC area and would like to take on a dedicated, determined senior citizen, please reply to this post. I tried the 'advanced search' but all the teachers just list their state, not the specific location.

My goal is to be able to play along with the music that I like (recordings), not necessarily to play in a band.

19. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

I'm looking for a Jazz bassist to take lessons from either via Skype or face to face. I live in Redding, CA and have come to a realization that I need lessons to propell me into where I want to be musically. I have been playing for about 15 year and the first year of learning I had a teacher, since then I have been self-taught. PM me if there are any of you willing to teach. I have looked at taking lessons from Anthony Wellington via Skype as well as Victor Bailey (which is $150 an hour!)

PM me so we can talk about where I'd like to be.

Thanks,

Adam-

20. Rich1833

Rich1833

I'm looking for a Bass teacher around Mascoutah 62258. I tried the search but came up empty handed.

Thank You
    Rich

21. MrPink5282

MrPink5282

Looking for beginner level, and beyond, 4-string instruction. Want a great teacher, not nec. player; someone with a track record of producing/inspiring students who stick with it and make it to player level. Prefer someone who's passion is bass first, not guitar-first folks filling holes in the schedule. Wanting structured, goal oriented, lesson plans that progress with deliberate direction. No meandering or aimless efforts.

Avail eves/weekends coming from Pepperell, or lunch hours/early eve's from Bedford or Marlborough, MA. (I live in Pepperell, work in Bedford and often Marlborough.) Nashua, NH not too far, expecting to drive 30 mins+ for eves/wknds. Proximity an issue if done during lunch hour or right after work.

Age 50, total noob, serious about learning (but not much else). Mixing this new interest with career, family, yard-work, work travel, other interests, but I intend to commit 3-5 hours/week for the next two years and hope to be having fun before then. After some on-line research, I'm intending to follow the lessons on Studybass.com and supplement with human assistance. I can be talked out of this, but that's the plan for the moment.

If you think you're interested, or know of an instructor who might be, I'd love to hear from you in a PM. Thanks.

Note: The problem with the search method outlined at the beginning of this thread is that one has to click on each user name to see what part of the state they are from. Too long, decided to ask in a post. If I got that wrong, pls excuse.