1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

for my new Heritage SVT410hfl,,,,GK MB500 or PF500 ???

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Davyo, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Just ordered a new Ampeg Heritage SVT410hlf sight unheard (arrives Dec 31st),,,,, I'm very excited to get the new toy.

I have a GK MB500 and GK MB200 that I use with my GK cabs,,,, just wondering if getting a Ampeg PF500 head would recomended or not for the new SVT.

Anyone ever A/B these two heads with an SVT cab ????

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Cheers
    Davyo

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If you already have the MB500, just wait and try it out with that. PF-500's are cheap and readily available. If you have doubts you can always bring your cab down to a store and try one out.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Agreed, see what happens with what you have. Could be just perfect as is. The Heritage cab is top-notch, and the "perfect" head would be a Heritage SVT.Cl.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I could never use a Heritage cab without the matching SVT.

:D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Firemelon
    Yes indeed!

[​IMG]

7. Davyo

Nice rig !!!!!!!!!!!

The Heritage grill cloth looks very cool as well.

I was really torn between getting the 4x10 or the 8x10,,,,,but after reading a few billion reviews and A/B'ing the classic 410 and 810 in-stores I decided the 410 would be my best pick for my needs,,,,,, plus no one in Vegas carries any Ampeg Heritage gear,,,,,, hope I made the right choice buying unheard and unseen :)

Damm weather on the east coast has my delivery delayed now,,, new delivery date is Jan 2nd,,,, I'm so bummed.

Cheers
    Davyo

8. Mastermold

Disclosures:
    Firemelon
    The 410HLF is a great cab, I use one all the time. You'll enjoy it!

9. romwarrior88

romwarrior88 Supporting Member

Man, my little Bergantino rig is still trying to recover from having to sit next to that monster. What a rig and what a sound!

10. Mastermold

Disclosures:
    Firemelon
    LOL! Hey Brett! Yeah after trying a full Heritage rig at last year's NAMM (with a P-bass) I had to have it! And hauling it around saves money on a gym membership too so there's added value. :D

11. Davyo

Thanks for posting that,,,, I'm a bit nervous buying this Heritage cab unheard,,,,, I've only played the classic SVT410hlf in the stores so I don't really have much hands on experience with even that model.

I've played a few billion SVT810e's as most every gig I do with full back line here in Vegas always has that SVT,,,,, Ive been playing the Vegas Hard Rock and the Vegas House of Blues a bit lately and really digging the way the SVT 810 sounds in those rooms,,,,,,,,,, I know the 410 is a diiferent sound and I'm hoping I love it as much as the bigger SVT's.

Going by all I have read I'm thinking the 410 has more of the sound I'm looking for more than the 810 has.

I use my bottom B string a lot and tend to scoop out my mids on my amps eq,,, so the 410 seems like its just the sound I'm wanting.

My delivery got delayed again till Jan 4th,,,, I guess the bad weather on the east coast got everything backed up with Fed Ex.

Cheers
    Davyo

12. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout Gold Supporting Member

I want one badly but lack the funds. I currently use my heritage with a acoustic 370 and it sings. Loaned the cab to my friend who used a svt-450 and he got a good modern tone with it. In my opinion this is the best cab I've owned and has a deep voice. Handles low B and A without a problem.

13. 73jbass

73jbass Gold Supporting Member

I've been getting great results with a Heritage 810 and a Thunderfunk 550. The GK might be a good match. You never know.

14. shoot-r

shoot-r

I've a G.K. MB-500 head and a Ampeg PF-500 head.

I really like the Ampeg PF-500.....

I really "LOVE" the G.K. MB-500!!!

The MB-500 (to my ears) sounded great and huge through a recently supplied backline Ampeg SVT-810E cabinet at one of our jobs.

I've not played through a 410HLF cabinet for several years, but when I did it was driven with my old G.K. 800RB head.
    The cab had alittle to much natural lows for my ears but otherwise sounded very good.

But, I'd have to agree with some of the other posters, the best head match with a Heritage cabinet will probably be to a Hertaige head.

15. Mastermold

Disclosures:
    Firemelon
    The 410HLF is designed with five strings in mind to handle the low B so I think you'll indeed like it for what you describe. I use mine as the house cab at the church I play since I use a five string so much for that gig. Hope you'll post again with a review once you get it.

16. Deedubs

Deedubs

I'm thinking of getting the heritage 410 to pair with my Mesa buster bass 200 head