1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

For Recording: Squier VM Mustang vs Gretsch Junior Jet G2220

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BulbousMoses, Jan 8, 2014.

1. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

For the purposes of recording only, which of these 2 basses would you choose. Please don't tell me to use a Precision or a Jazz...I'm trying to make a buying decision and these are the basses I'm considering.....and yes, I know that they are short scales.
  2. agent77

agent77 Tin Foil Hat Wearer Supporting Member

I've recorded a few songs with my Fender Mustang (not Squier) in my buddy's home studio and it sounded great. It sat in the mix very well and required almost no tweaking. I don't think a Squier will be much different than a Fender.
  3. Mjinsk

Mjinsk

I personally prefer the Mustang over the Gretsch.
    The Mustang is quite a good piece of gear for this price.
    I didn't like the Gretsch at all.
  4. Osztertag2112

Osztertag2112

Mustangs are great and pretty versitile, thats my vote
  5. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

What was it that you didn't like about the Gretsch? The tone (or lack of tone)? Something else?
  6. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

I would have thought that the Gretsch might be a bit more versatile, tonally, given that it has 2 pickups but maybe that's not the case....
  7. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

:cool: Anyone else? There must be a few more of you who have recorded one or both of these basses at some point..