1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

For Sale: 1973 Fender Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bluesbass99, Aug 30, 2013.

1. bluesbass99

bluesbass99 Gold Supporting Member

BUMP: PRICE REDUCED TO $1,750 + $50 SHIPPING CONUS

FOR COMPLETE PICTURES, PLEASE GO TO:
    http://s835.photobucket.com/user/bluesbass99/library/?sort=3&page=1

The bass being sold is part of an estate sale. It is unclear as to whether the owner was the original owner, but some family members think that he was the original owner. This is a players class bass and is not vintage. I have played a gig with this bass, and it sounds awesome. Deep and punchy. It sounded so good, I ended up playing the whole gig with it. I have a 1972 Fender Precision bass which I love, and this bass sounded better than my ’72. The pots have been replaced according to the codes stamped on the pots. It appears the tone pot was manufactured in 1976 and the volume pot was manufactured in 1974.

Overall condition of the bass is normal for one that is 40 years old. The pick guard in cracked by the input jack, as you will see from the pictures. The bass has a beautiful patina to it. It has obviously been played extensively over the years.

I have only uploaded two pictures to this posting (maximum allowed). I have 21 other photos I would be happy to send you. The other pictures show the bass completely disassembled so that you can see the serial numbers, pots, and pick ups. Contact me directly via my email (bluesbass99@gmail.com) and I will send you the other photos.

Serial Number: 397197[/COLOR]
    This would place the manufacturing at the Fullerton, CA plant in 1973.

Neck: 1 5/8” inch at nut (B). Neck is stamped “5 Sep 72 A” Maple.

Pick ups: 18 4372. This would place the manufacture of the pick ups in the week 43 of 1972.

Tone Pot: 13776033 015473 1 Meg Aud. This would place the manufacture of this pot to be in the week 33 of 1976.
    Volume Pot: 220135-13 250k 1377404. This would indicate it was manufactured in the 4th week of 1974.
    It would appear that both pots have likely been replaced based upon the numbers. Knobs appear to be original

Bridge: Original replaced with a Badass II

Weight: 8 lbs 10 oz (based upon electronic postal scales)

Accessories: Includes Bridige and Pick up covers, as well as an additional set of used GHS Boomer roundwound strings, and the original case. The case was used extensively and has some damage on one corner, but is still usable. No key.

Price: $1950 + $50 shipping. Sorry, CONUS only. PalPay accepted. Since this is part of an estate sale, no trades will be considered. Will be shipped upon transfer of funds. No returns. I will be happy to try to answer any questions you have.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. bluesbass99

3. gambito4e

gambito4e

hey bluebass99, i really like this bass, do you ship via USPS Express Mail to Argentina? And can i pay it via paypal? tyvm
  4. rocmonster

rocmonster

Wow. You posted the same message in the XL2 Steinberger for sale thread. Are you on a buying spree?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

7. bluesbass99

Sorry, I prefer to sale this bass in the States only. No Int'l shipments. Thanks for asking.
  8. bluesbass99

PRICE BUMP....