1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

for sale: Dingwall lee sklar signature model (candy apple red, 5 string)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stewlyons, Apr 15, 2014.

?

what do you think of this offer to sell?

1. i would love to buy it!

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. why would he sell it?

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. i'll send this to a friend

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. piece of junk!

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. stewlyons

stewlyons Supporting Member

for sale: my dingwall lee sklar signature model 5 string electric bass guitar.

i am the original owner. i purchased it in september, 2010.

body wood: northern ash/alder (dual-density)
    neck wood: 5-piece maple
    fingerboard: wenge
    finish/color: polyester/candy apple red
    pickups: dingwall super-fatty
    pre-amp: glockenklang (custom midrange)
    headstock: matching color
    hipshot xtender key (drops B string to A)
    weight: 9 lbs., 6 oz.
    serial #: 4291

custom fitted skb 44 case is included (case itself cost me approx. $100 and getting the case custom fitted cost me $200).

i do not have a gig bag.

i will include 3 sets of new, unused voodoo bass 5-string, light-gauge/stainless strings sets. i can also give you, if you want, a used set of above strings that i cleaned in a bass string cleaning tube containing denatured alcohol (see http://www.tunemybass.com/strings/bass_ ... _tube.html).

i have played out with this bass some, but always babied it; i don't think there are any scratches or blemishes on it. needless to say, everything works perfectly, sounds incredible, plays incredible.

i bought a dingwall super j about a year ago and have been playing it exclusively. so the sklar has just been sitting in the case for a year.

my price is $3400. buyer will pay for shipping and packing.

Attached Files:

2. cromag31

cromag31 Supporting Member

any trades?
  3. stewlyons

i don't think so. only things i think i would consider trading for are a five string super j (dingwall), or a 5 string fender jazz. but thanks for your interest. good look in your searching.
  4. Nic DB

Nic DB Supporting Member

Hi, I have a 5 string SJ CE I might consider as a trade
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stewlyons

hmmm. ok. could you send/post photos of it?
  7. Nic DB

Nic DB Supporting Member

8. stewlyons

i went to to the link you sent me, and couldn't see any photos, maybe b/c i'm at work and certain things are restricted to us (?). but i did look at the video, but i couldn't see much in the video. i'll try checking out the link again this weekend, maybe i'll be able to see some photos then. i did learn from the link that it's fretless. not what i was looking for, but i'm intrigued.

you can always just send me some photos too if you want.

thanks, stew
  9. ustabawannab

ustabawannab Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race. Gold Supporting Member

Jeez I just bought an AB1. Now this comes up..

Tempting ;)
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  10. Nic DB

Nic DB Supporting Member

Hi Stew, pics are at the top of he ad, you can also find the pictures on Sheldon's SJ5 Gallery http://www.dingwallguitars.com/wp-c...bs/thumbs_sj5-ce-spalt-fretless-full-shot.jpg
  11. stewlyons

i did reply, saying i saw the photos, and it's a beautiful bass (and i would have preferred the headstock to match the body, and i wasn't looking for a fretless, but i was intrigued). but i don't see my reply in this thread, so i wonder if i replied in the dingwall thread? anyway, not important. also would like to know: how much does your bass weigh? (i'll look at the link again, maybe it says there.) and i'd like to see photos of the case too, if possible. any other photos would be great too. i'll look on sheldon's gallery. i'm sure i've seen it there before though, and i'm sure i thought it was absolutely beautiful too. but truthfully, i like the "painted" retro color finishes best. but yours is sweet, no doubt.
  12. stewlyons

will consider a trade, maybe. looking for a five string dingwall super j, prefer matching headstock, block inlays and color finish. would consider fretless.