For Sale: Fender Road Worn '50s Precision Bass Fiesta Red (modified)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MetsMan75, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetsMan75

MetsMan75 Supporting Member

For sale here is my Fender Road Worn '50s Precision Bass that I modified to make it resemble a '59 P Bass. I had custom made '59 style pickups wound by Raritan Bay Guitars in NJ....they were wound to '59 specs. I also had a custom neck made by Musikraft in South Jersey. The neck s rosewood but I had them clone a '57 V profile neck. So it has a pronounced V shape neck carve in the back. Unfortunately I damaged the neck while drilling the holes to size for tuner ferrules and it split athe headstock but I did a repair myself and filled it with wood putty and the neck feels and sounds great IMHO. I was mad at myself at first but I'm still learning and it at least goes with the Road Worn vibe. I installed the original road worn tuners on neck. I purchased the bass new back in 2009 and had the neck made in early 2011. Neck was never finished by my requests/preference. It just has shellac on it done by Musikraft which offers sufficient protection for the wood. I happen to love the feel of wood and don't like glossy necks so I left it with just shellac. You can leave as is or it would look cool with a light coat of satin tinted nitro IMO. Neck is 1.75 at the nut. Other than neck and pickups everything else is stock. I am including the original neck which is in good condition and original pickups as well which also are in good condition. At least they sounded fine when I had them in before the custom ones. This bass is naturally relived and its been played lightly at home only. The only cosmetic defects I can see that I added by accident were a the bottom of the body I accidentally scraped my closet door along it so it has some white paint streaked along backside bottom. I could've removed It but its no biggie to me and whoever owns it next has the option. Bass also comes with a gig bag. It's an awesome bass and I don't have to sell but putting it out there because I can use some cash. Selling it as is for $875.00 shipped CON-US. Anyone interested from outside CON-US feel free to contact me.

Attached Files:

2. MetsMan75

Another pic

Attached Files:

3. MetsMan75

Excuse pic quality. Desktop and laptop computers are down so I'm using iPad.
  4. MetsMan75

Price Drop: $825 Shipped CONUS
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Do you still have the maple RW neck? for sale?
  7. MetsMan75

Yeah I have it and was including it with Bass but if you're only interested in neck I will consider parting it out.
  8. MetsMan75

Bump for price drop: $785 shipped CONUS
  9. mfowlkes

mfowlkes Supporting Member

10. MetsMan75

If anyone is interested I will also be willing to put back to stock and sell $700 shipped CONUS. Or as currently setup with extra custom neck and custom pickups is $785 shipped CONUS.
  11. MetsMan75

12. staurosjohn

staurosjohn Geddy Lee 'P' Supporting Member

BUMP for a friend... and a VERY NICE bass!!
  13. MetsMan75

Thanks Bud
  14. MetsMan75

Pic of extra neck repair.

Attached Files:

15. MetsMan75

Another pic of extra neck repair. Still plays and sounds great and I'm throwing it in with extra pickups for on $85 extra than my stock price so it's practically free when you count value of pickups. The stock neck is in excellent condition and has hardly been played.

Attached Files:

16. MetsMan75

17. charismaticdog

charismaticdog

How much would you want for just the RW neck?
  18. MetsMan75

I'd let the RW neck stripped down go for $250 shipped CONUS. Loaded $285. I'm thinking of returning it back completely stock and selling it $700 shipped CONUS. Its gotten too complicated with the extra neck and that's been the focus...I'm getting mostly questions about the damage to extra neck but in reality I'm practically giving it away when you add in the custom made pickups for $85 extra. So I may close this thread and open a new one with the RW worn stock unless I part it.
  19. MetsMan75

20. MetsMan75

RW Neck just sold! Will be opening up a new thread for Loaded body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.