1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

For Sale: Loaded MIM Fender Jazz Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by 72LML, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

For Sale: Loaded MIM Fender Jazz Bass Neck. Good condition with a few minor nicks on the back. Truss rod works well and the frets are in good shape. $140 Shipped CONUS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Bump! I polished the frets and cleaned up the fret board tonight and added a few photos of the worst dings on the back of the neck. Ignore the carpet fuzz in the 7th picture :)
  3. bichibreaker

bichibreaker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Do you ship to Argentina? How muchi could be the shipping via USPS priority (NOT express)? thanks
  4. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

bichibreaker, I sent you a PM.
  5. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Had a few requests for better photos of the headstock. There is one ding as shown and some slight damage near the truss rod hole.
  6. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

is this a neck that you have played on one of your basses? Can you tell us how it plays? Any problems, issues, difficulty getting it to mate nicely to a body, shims, etc? Thanks.
  7. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I honesty can't remember where I got it from (sad I know), but I did throw it on a body recently and strung it up to make sure the truss rod works ok. I'll throw it back on a body tomorrow and give it a full setup and report back on action, fret issues, and any other details I find.
  8. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I gave the neck a full setup and here is how it went. I've got a Squire Affinity body laying around (also for sale!) here that I used and in the end it needed one business card shim at the heel (end closest to the bridge) but the bridge was pretty much bottomed out still. I would probably add one more shim if I was going to use it with this body.

The truss rod worked fine and the action ended up at 3mm (.118") at the 12th fret across all 4 strings when I started to get some buzz on the 15th on up frets. The E and G string could go a hair lower but I ran out of travel on the bridge. I've got what I would say is a medium hand when it comes to playing. I'm don't play as light as some and not as heavy as others. So it could go higher or lower depending on your playing style.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Price Drop Bump
  10. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

11. 72LML