For Sale Only: 2005 MusicMan (EBMM) Bongo 4HH + 2008/09 Am Std. P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Habilis, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Habilis

Habilis Supporting Member

Hi, everyone. I am selling these basses to replenish my funds after a very recent purchase. I found my dream bass and had to snatch it up.

The P-Bass.
    VITAL STATS:
    2008-2009 American Standard Charcoal Mist P-bass with Rosewood fretboard.
    Currently has a black pearloid pickguard and flathead zinc pickguard screws, but the original white pickguard (with plastic and Made in USA decal still on) and original screws will be included.
    Comes in Fender/SKB TSA-approved case with Fender case candy.

Asking $900 + 50% of shipping

I received this in trade from the original owner and it is immaculate--he never used it except in his home studio and I've only used it at home. I've opened the case candy bag and used the patch cord at home (it will be included), but I still have everything that came with it--allen wrench, truss rod tool, polishing cloth, manual, and Fender strap. You all know the P-bass sound so I won't get into that. One of the things that I like about this bass is the high-mass bridge and string-through option; it adds a heck of a lot of sustain. here is a link to Photobucket album with pics of this bass. They're not great but you will get the idea. If there's a particular area of either bass you'd like me to focus on, let me know and I'll do my best.

http://s1079.beta.photobucket.com/user/alldaveallen/library/Bass pictures

[DEL]The Bongo[/DEL] SOLD
    VITAL STATS:
    2005 Blue Pearl Bongo 4 HH
    Comes with RoadRunner HS case in very good shape that smells like coffee.

Asking $800 + 50% of shipping, FIRM.

I bought this Bongo from TB member JoJoBeans in early August. Since then, I've played it at home, at 4 band practices and one show. It has the seemingly obligatory headstock tip chip and one minor ding about two inches below the pickup knob, and that's it. I keep it clean and polished at all times. The only thing I've done is change strings and take it to get cleaned and set up (see below).

I'm not sure how much I need to hype this bass. It offers an astonishing amount of tonal variation through the 18v, 4-band EQ preamp and the pickup balance dial. Its basswood body makes it very light; I'd guess in the low 9 lb. range. I just got it back from being professionally set up by a guy who works for a high-dollar boutique guitar company here in Los Angeles, and it is smooooooth. If you're a regular on this site, you know all about these. Most people have very strong opinions about their looks. Frankly, I think it looks awesome and the only reason I'm selling it is because my dream bass came on the market and I had to grab it. I'm linking to the post I bought it from because I really can't improve on those pictures. The only difference is that it doesn't have the blue stings anymore, just regular ol' Super Slinkies.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/ernie-ball-bongo-4hh-blue-906174/

I am in Los Angeles and I will also be putting these up on Craigslist. If I sell one of them I may pull the other one off the market; it really depends on the state of my finances.

I will accept cash or Paypal. I am sorry to have to charge for shipping but I have been badly burnt by shipping charges in the past. If you are somehow interested in BOTH basses I am definitely willing to wheel and deal!
  2. Habilis

THE BONGO HAS BEEN SOLD! To a local/TB member, handle jbybj, for asking price of $800. I will probably close this thread and relist the P-bass later today. Thanks for looking, everyone!
  3. Habilis

Received feedback for the Bongo sale, and now I'm closing this thread to relist the P-Bass solo. Thanks, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.