1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

For Sale SWR Grand Prix Preamp (Greenface)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by aBoMoFo, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aBoMoFo

aBoMoFo Supporting Member

Up for sale is a Greenface SWR Grand Prix Preamp.

Very good condition and pre fender. Purchased 5 years ago and after 1 year of light gigging put into a bedroom rack until now. Plugged it in tonight and fed it into the power section of a Mesa M9 Carbine and was again reminded of how much I love this pre. Very usable EQ section and the aural enhancer and pull for hi pass filter are amazing bonuses for studio/live use. I am going to miss this beast of a pre.

Cosmetically 9/10 = Front face is beautiful and shows only slight signs of it's age. Some minor wear along chassis of the unit but nothing alarming or of functional concern.

Electronically 9.5/10 = Redid the op amp chips in it with new ones of the same spec the day I bought it. All inputs, outputs, controls, and LED indicators work without issues or dirty pot fatigue. Only item of note is the power switch is disabled and always on. If the pre is plugged in it will be on and functional. This never was an issue for me because I had it plugged into a power conditioner at all times and used it as my mains on/off switch.

Picture coming soon as I can get the up using the file attacher with safari...

Preamp will be boxed nicely wrapped and padded in a 1u box for a furman power conditioner or the like. I'm located in Houston, TX and willing to lower price for local meet up.

Asking $300 shipped CONUS 48 States with tracking.
  2. aBoMoFo

3. aBoMoFo

New year and new price. Now asking $250 shipped.
  4. mark roberts

mark roberts Supporting Member

Free bump for a good deal on a great pre. I have two and love 'em. Try a JJ ECC803S tube in it. Sweet.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aBoMoFo

Pending deal with Minnesota.
  7. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Did this ever sell?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.