1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

For sale (trade?) late 90's Carvin 6 string lined fretless LB76, natural

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bcsride, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcsride

bcsride Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Link to photobucket pictures.

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/b...6F Fretless 6 string bass Lined?sort=3&page=1

For sale is my late 90s (I think) Carvin 6 string lined fretless - LB76. It is in very good shape. It comes with original HSC case. It has active PUs. I believe it is an alder body with maple neck.

The bass weighs about 9.5 lbs. The nut width is just shy of 2.0 in. (1.996 by my caliper measurement). At the 12th “fret” the neck width is 2.765 in. The string spacing at the bridge is 16mm but adjustable wider. I don't think you could get to 19mm but if that is a deal breaker, let me check. The neck thickness is about 0.745 in. at the 1st fret and about 0.935 in. at the 12th fret. The neck is sort of a D shape. 34 in. scale.

The saddle adjustment screw (for intonation) on the 6th string (low B string) is not original. Other than that, I believe it to be all original.

Asking $500 + actual shipping. PM me with your address and I'll get you that number. Probably $35 or so CONUS.

No trades. I can't figure out how to change the thread title. I'll fix it if someone will tell me how.

This is my first attempted sale at TB. I lurk often, but don't post much. I've got a handful of trades over at The Gear Page and the Hamer Fan Club. I can get you references if you need. I'm happy to talk on the phone, give you an in hand description, take specfic pics, and etc. Heck, I'll even play it for you if you want to hear my crappy playing.
  2. CfoScoop

CfoScoop

Quick question, can it do passive as well? Also, how much did you get it for?
  3. bcsride

The pre-amp is always on (no push/pull pot). I don't know if the pickups themselves have to be active like some Peaveys. So, maybe you could put on a bypass switch? Someone else could enlighten?
  4. bcsride

No longer accepting trades bump.

I can't figure out how to change the thread title. I'll fix it if someone will tell me how.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. coughiefiend

coughiefiend

Looks like this would run you about $1100 from Carvin.

:hyper:

This is hot! Now to find $500, maybe under my couch cushions?
  7. bcsride

8. bcsride

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.