for the 11th time...my board is DONE!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheDastardlySir, Dec 9, 2013.

1. TheDastardlySir

TheDastardlySir Supporting Member

i know i know, you're never "done". but i'm happy with it and can't think of anything else i'd like to add so for the time being i'll just use the term "done" loosely

i'd like to get your opinion on what order to put these all in. you guys really seem to know your stuff.

currently i have it set up like this:

boss tu3
    ehx freeze
    digitech whammy
    ehx pog2
    boss syb5
    way huge swollen pickle
    bbe opto stomp
    ehx electric mistress
    mxr phase 90
    source audio soundblox pro BEF
    boss sl20
    boss rv3
    sansamp vt deluxe

my biggest challenge is where to put the compressor and the freeze. the rest seem to be where they belong but i love hearing other opinions.

if it helps i play in cover bands, a hip hop group, and experimental solo stuff with electronic beats.

also, what other fun toys can you recommend i add? i have chronic GAS but sadly, for the first time in my career, my buy list is empty
  2. aledeville

aledeville

You've got the ****in' nerve to start a thread that has 'board' in it and you didn't make any pictures?
    What are you... crazy?!?
  3. Britsie

Britsie

I agree, us pedal-addicts need pictures.
    Here is my 'final' version :D

[​IMG]

(not it's, after finishing this board, I already bought a Moog BassMurf and a Joe Meek GBQ...:crying:)
  4. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

Comp right after the tuner and the freeze last so you can capture any of your possible tones, done!!!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TheDastardlySir

TheDastardlySir Supporting Member

Sorry!! The freeze just came in and I didn't get to wire it all up yet! I have the afternoon off and will be working on it then. Pics to follow, I promise!

Here's my "before" shot. Missing the freeze.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1386599167.251084.jpg
  7. strictlybass_ic

strictlybass_ic Mediocrity is a journey Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody gives me anything
    I find running phase before dirt seems to work better for me, but YMMV especially as it seems you aren't using an effects loop.

I would think you would want the freeze after your whammy/pog to capture those tones and layer over them rather than push those pedals into polyphony. Do you get tracking issues when you use them together now?

As for chronic GAS, with all of your toys and experimental nature, try the TC Electronics Ditto Looper. I threw one on the end of my board and have spent hours just layering random effected signals and lines.