1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Foray into short scale? Which One?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MEKer, Jan 12, 2014.

1. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member Supporting Member

OK, want to do it cheaply in case I don't care for it. Choice is down to SX Ursa 30" scale shorty with the jazz pups vs Washburn Oscar Schmidt 30" scale shorty. Does anyone have true experience with either? I am thinking the Washburn MAY have a bit more quality control?
  2. agent77

agent77 Tin Foil Hat Wearer Supporting Member

I have a short scale SX P, and I briefly owned a full scale Oscar Schmidt P. Both are decent basses and a good deal for the money. I'd say the quality is about even, I wouldn't be surprised if they're made in the same factory.
  3. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

Maybe this one?
  4. unclebass

unclebass

Someone has an SX short scale jazz in green for sale in classifieds, you may want to check it out. I think it's under $150.
  5. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member Supporting Member

I'd get that for sure, but can't find one in North America. That one you linked to is 166 Pounds--that is what?....$300 US?