1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Forgot all about the Bass Micro Synth, any comments?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Arnie, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I came across this on Craigslist http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/4242407325.html

And I had forgotten all about it... Not sure I ever played through one but always had. It just was always a little expensive. Can anyone talk about it? How did it track? Was the sound worth the dollar price?
  2. Marcury

Marcury High and Low Supporting Member

They are very cool with a lot of useful sounds, but you need to watch out as sometimes they can thin the bass frequencies to the point that it's hard to hear in the mix, much like some overdrive and fuzz pedals.

BTW you might get more responses if you post to Effects.
  3. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

I have one of the newer versions. It's not on my board, but every time that I think of selling it, I play it and just can't. It is seemingly endlessly tweakable, and capable of so many sounds. Plus, it has the best down sweep that I've ever used. It does track well, and it get's along with other pedals too. However, I agree with Marcury; it can get buried in a mix very easily.

For what it's worth, I think $180 for the older version is too much. You could probably find a newer one in the TB classifieds for that much, or maybe even a little less.
  4. WJGreer

WJGreer

I have an old beat-up one that I'll never sell. Nothing else gets closer to the fat 70s analog sound, to my ears.
  5. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

Mine was $99 used. At that price, I couldn't NOT buy it. I've never seen one before or since that cheap. I don't use it often with the band, as the guitarist is scared of it. I've never had any tracking issues. I've found it particularly fun on fretless.