Foster kids benefit

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RitchS, Nov 9, 2012.

1. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

Tomorrow night (Saturday November 10) my band, Joe Getty and The Dead Flowers will be playing a benefit for foster kids at Sammy Hagar's new joint, Sammy's Rockin' Island Grill in Roseville Ca. If you're anywhere near the Sacramento area please come on down with a new toy worth $20 or just bring a $20 to get in.
    It's for a really good cause and we aren't making a dime on this. In fact, we have to pay a sound guy $125 out of our own pockets! That's mainly because this place bought an overly complicated digital board our sound guy doesn't know how to run...but I digress...
    So please come on out and feel good about helping out some kids who really have nothing. I'd love to meet some of you!
    Thanks y'all!
    Ritch

2. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

Really good cause bump. Come on out and treat this like an impromptu Nor Cal gtg.

3. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

We're going on at 9:15 at Sammy's Rockin Island Bar and Grill. Come out and support foster kids.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Great cause and at one time in my life I was one of those kids so I thank you.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member

It was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of something to help out people who, through no fault of their own, are in an unfortunate situation. Through ticket sales we raised nearly $5000 and there was a huge pile of new toys for foster kids.

The Roseville fire department really came through and raised $1000 within the department and bought $1000 worth of toys for the kids for Christmas. It was really cool having a bunch of firemen in the audience. You know you're going home alone though if there's firemen in the audience!

All in all I'm really happy with the support that came from the Sacramento community. I hope there'll be at least a few kids who's Christmas will be a little better than it otherwise would've been.

7. RitchS

RitchS Supporting Member