Found a cool place for budget build parts...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Diesel Kilgore, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Diesel Kilgore

Diesel Kilgore

2. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard

Finally! There's an outlet for cheap Ocarinas!

Seriously though, looks like a good place to find cheap parts.

3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Holy cow! They have some stupid low prices and free shipping! They have a high mass bridge for $11.24 that I usually pay about $19 for on another site.

4. BrenBass

BrenBass

I think most of it comes from China. Be careful, I ordered a neck from here once for a cheap project and it ended up as firewood it was so dreadful!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. johnson79

johnson79

I bought a hi mass bridge from here. Not bad at all.

7. audioglenn

audioglenn Gold Supporting Member

That's great! Thank you for sharing the link!

8. CiceroProfundo

CiceroProfundo

I have bought some parts from them, via their eBay shop in the UK. As far as I can tell these are exactly the same parts as used on any name bass etc that is manufactured in China or the Far East.

A lots of manufacturers who outsource their building and parts appear to use this supplier. For example, I ordered a 8 string bass bridge which appears to be identical to that on a Swedish branded made in China 8 string bass.

Similarly, I bought a 4 string bass bridge which appears to be identical to the bridge on the less expensive version of the Billy Sheehan Signature series model.

The tuners/machine heads that they provide unbranded appear to be identical to tuners/machine heads that carry the name of various brands.

Some Internet research should indicate those manufacturers who have set up factories/production lines in China and other far Eastern countries.

I did read somewhere that during the 1990s and the revival of the traditional two hum-bucking, single cut type guitars made famous by Slash that a lot of these guitars although they had a famous name headstock actually had parts outsourced from the Samick company in Korea.

At one time Samick were the biggest makers of guitars in the world both under their own brand name and also as the manufacturer of "named guitars" for various famous companies from Japan and the USA.

A lot of these parts will be found on any guitars that are manufactured in China or the Far East.

Personally, and I have no affiliations of any of the companies mentioned here or alluded to, I have found that these parts do their job.

9. Diesel Kilgore

Diesel Kilgore

I noticed alot of the parts look familiar to those on SXs and the like. Which is great because now I can get a pearl guard for my SX jazz. I think the pre wired jazz ate is one of the best deals. 500k pots to boot. I've got a build coming up that this place is gonna save me alot of money on.

10. wagdog

wagdog Supporting Member

11. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    It's for a headless bass.

I think I may order a black pearl pickguard for my SX Jazz. The screw hole patterns look identical.

12. joe vegas

joe vegas

Dang. i thought i knew most of the weird-array-of-wildly-dissimilar-products sites,
    but this is an eye-opener.
    thanks for posting!

13. Arial Bender

Arial Bender

I bought a precision pickguard from them on e-bay. Can't tell if holes will match because it is for a non Fender body.Quick ship coming from China.

14. Diesel Kilgore

Diesel Kilgore

I just ordered the white pearl for mine. They say typical time frame is 12 days. I'll let you know if it works. But they look just like what SX uses and for $8 it can't hurt to be guessing. Especially if it works. Sure looks like it will.