Found a deal at GC....

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by goldenglory18, Nov 8, 2012.

1. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Your Mom.
    Last night I decided to stop by my local guitar center and search their used gear (they have oodles....)

First off, they have a bass there that I might try to trade up into. It's not a great deal but damn, does it play well.

But the real score...I got a very lightly used Audio Technica AT3035 for $59. Originally $150, but they are being sold in the recording circles for more than that (Discontinued.) It's got a lo-cut switch (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave) and a 10 dB pad. Low self-noise (12 dB SPL) and it's built like a frikin' tank. No wonder they discontinued this thing....It's a $500 mic in a $150 package.

I'm hopeful this is the acoustic guitar mic I've been looking for...once I have a chance to test it, I'll Soundcloud you guys a sample.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

I'm not personally familair with the AT3035, but AT's stuff tends to be really good for the price. I have an AT4040 that I find to be precise and sterile. Sometimes, it's perfect, sometimes not so much. I hope you've found what you're looking for i nthe AT3035.