1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Found a deal at GC....

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by goldenglory18, Nov 8, 2012.

1. goldenglory18

goldenglory18 Supporting Member

Last night I decided to stop by my local guitar center and search their used gear (they have oodles....)

First off, they have a bass there that I might try to trade up into. It's not a great deal but damn, does it play well.

But the real score...I got a very lightly used Audio Technica AT3035 for $59. Originally $150, but they are being sold in the recording circles for more than that (Discontinued.) It's got a lo-cut switch (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave) and a 10 dB pad. Low self-noise (12 dB SPL) and it's built like a frikin' tank. No wonder they discontinued this thing....It's a $500 mic in a $150 package.

I'm hopeful this is the acoustic guitar mic I've been looking for...once I have a chance to test it, I'll Soundcloud you guys a sample.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:
  2. EricF

EricF Habitual User Gold Supporting Member

I'm not personally familair with the AT3035, but AT's stuff tends to be really good for the price. I have an AT4040 that I find to be precise and sterile. Sometimes, it's perfect, sometimes not so much. I hope you've found what you're looking for i nthe AT3035.