1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Found an old fender body on craigslist, opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by s3lggiW, Dec 30, 2013.

1. s3lggiW

s3lggiW

2. jbiscuti

jbiscuti Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Grolsch Strap Locks
    Not a fan of J-routes personally (some people dig 'em); that looks to be the original guard and the body is a nice piece of ash. I'd rock it for $250.

3. capnjim

capnjim

Thats awesome...looks like the original finish. If the pickguard is included its an average deal....not great as its probably a boat anchor. Check in the PUP cavity, look for the "Natural" stamp. To me, it looks original. Of course, the route for the J-PUP loses a lot of value, but for me, once you have a P/J you will never need another bass.
    Offer 150$ with the pickguard.

4. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bongolation

Bongolation

No.

7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Thats been up there for quite a while now ... I gave it a 'local' double take, but quickly moved on as well ...

8. Fluid Power

Fluid Power

I saw it on CL as well and gave it the once over. I know who this is as I've bought stuff from him, but can't vouch for this. If it did not have the J pu cutout it would be a whole other deal. I'd go in at $150 and see where it goes if this floats your boat! (thats sailor talk!)

9. MIMike

MIMike

I doubt that both the finish and the pickguard original. A sunburst finish would have come with a tort guard, a natural finish would have come with a white guard ( most of the time). Of course, most ash bodies were natural...anyway, it's clearly not all original so it doesn't much matter.

10. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Not to mention the 2 extra holes in the PG, which greatly devalues it, and no neckplate. I'd pass, unless you just want that body to work with and don't care about the several things that have been done to it or are missing. :(

11. Grissle

Grissle

I've never noticed any decrease in value with '70s P basses with the added J route. It was pretty common for the era.

12. penguineman

penguineman

I'd see if they will take 150 and go from there the worst they can say is no. if it's been up there a while for sale they might just take it. or if they don't want to they can always put it on flea bay or getthem to make you a counter off of just what it will take to make the sale. surely you can come to some kinda agreement on a price.

13. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

For $150-200 I would grab it for that.