frankinstien bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tinkindy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. tinkindy

tinkindy

Hi everyone, I introduce myself in the newbie section. I have a Gibson SG short scale that I can work really fast( fingers are old and beat all to hell from construction work ). But I have a peavey t-40 and I love how it sounds threw my musicman tube bass head. I dont want you to think Im crazy, Im not modifying any of them but I Have a friend who has a t-40 body only and I would like to mill it down for weight and put a good set of humbuckers in it. The thing is I would like to find a short scale neck that would bolt up to the peavey body. Any help and or suggestion would be appreciated especially from any of you luthiers. Thanks in advance.

2. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

If you put a short neck on, you do realize you have to move the bridge, right? About two inches closer to the neck. Other than that anything is possible; it's wood. Feel free to treat it like the slab it is. Fitting a different sized neck won't be too difficult.

But, unless you have peavey t40 pickups it won't sound like your real t40. You may get close but trying to capture the sound isn't easy when you're changing so much on the bass. Good luck with your project though.