1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FREE ear training lessons for bass....

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by piccolo_whitley, Nov 30, 2012.

1. piccolo_whitley

piccolo_whitley

Hi all!

Recently I've been busy away producing some free video lessons. The latest series I'm working on deals with developing your ear as a bassist. This really helps you to play more soulfully, with more feel and is invaluable if you want to get more into improvising & working lines out by ear.

Here's lesson 1 - "Singing What You Play". I hope it's of help to some of you :)

http://youtu.be/HDcAjpDUQg4
  2. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this.
  3. BassGrace16

BassGrace16

Thanks for that info. Hope you will have more free ear training videos to share.
  4. CnB77

CnB77

Thanks, ear training is usually a chore and it's nice to have it freely available in a format specifically for bassist!

I will give this a try today
  5. piccolo_whitley

piccolo_whitley

Thanks - I'll deffo be making more soon!

Scott.
  6. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

Have you noticed the number of how to videos that come from the Brits? Something to do with the education system........ I think so.
  7. piccolo_whitley

piccolo_whitley

:)
  8. gmahoog

gmahoog Supporting Member

I think they're all named Scott too! ;)
  9. piccolo_whitley

piccolo_whitley

Haha!