Free SlowDowner Software?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ZenG, Jan 9, 2014.

1. ZenG

ZenG

Any free slowdowner software for Windows 7 out there?....

Not just free trial...I mean completely free and one that 's half decent, no bugs.
  2. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

What I have done on both Windows and Mac is to use Audacity recording software which is a free, open-source application. After starting it, I copy an audio file into the default track; select the phrase in the track to slow down; in the effects menu, select "change tempo without changing pitch". It works well.
  3. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Accuracy, Carvin, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    You can actually use Windows Media Player. Right click on the black tool bar and you will get a menu and you will get View>Enhancements>Play Speed Settings on the drop down menu. Works pretty well, but you can't set loop points.
    I use the ASC (Audio Speed Changer) App on my Android Phone and it works great, sets loop points, etc. and it's totally free.
  4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BobaFret

BobaFret Supporting Member

+1 for Audacity though there a many ways to do the same thing. I just prefer this way.
  7. mikew31

mikew31 Supporting Member

+1 for Best Practice. Great practice tool.
  8. Fleebag

Fleebag Supporting Member

Don't forget VLC media player. Not a lot of options though, slow down by "speed" in the menu. The cool part is it automatically plays it at the original pitch. Slight loss of quality noticed but does the job.
  9. ERIC31

ERIC31

Thanks for the tip! I downloaded this and it works like a champ! This will really help me a lot. :hyper::D
  10. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola Supporting Member

11. Staredge

Staredge

I use Best Practice as well. What I've found is that playing around with the karaoke mode can help bring out the bass. I also will put them through Audacity and boost the bass before I run it through BP. Helps a bit sometimes.
  12. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

If you have an iPad, Mimi Copy is $5.

It loops, slows down and does a great job of pitch shifting. It's also very easy to operate with an instrument on your person.

It's the best thing I've ever used.
  13. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

Another vote for Best Practice. I like the looping ability and the option to save out that portion of a song as a separate file...been using Best Practive for a year or so now...
  14. The Rage

The Rage

With audacity is very simple to slow down a track without changing the pitch, or change the pitch without changing the speed^^