1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fret buzz fix?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dragzole, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Dragzole

Dragzole

My C string is buzzing at the 12th fret. This is extremely annoying because its the only buzzing spot on the fretboard, and i can't seem to isolate the fret its buzzing against. I've tried raising the action and I have to raise it to very uncomfortable levels for the buzzing to stop, so i think the fret its buzzing against is closer to the nut. I've heard you can sand down the fret or do a truss rod adjustment. Help please!:help:
  2. pfox14

pfox14

If the string is buzzing at the 12th fret, than the 13th fret is probably a little high. You can sand or file that spot but be sure to tape up all the surrounding areas of the fingerboard so you don't damage anything else. I like to mark the spot that needs filing with a Black Sharpie, so when the ink disappears from filing, I know I removed material in the right spot.