1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fret/string buzz on open E string

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by zeyqer, Aug 22, 2013.

1. zeyqer

zeyqer

My E string will make this annoying buzz when I play it in open or sometimes when I slide up on the fretboard :/
    :help:
  2. cerokilik

cerokilik

i dont know how well this works but it seems to have worked for me when i had buzzing....
    loosen the string, grab a wooden pencil, shade the slot with the pencil, put the string back in place and adjust to tension.
  3. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

4. zeyqer

zeyqer

I hear abt that.. Hmm. Will give it a try and see.. :bag:

Can I use that guide for my Ibanez? ok stupid question, ok I'll check it out :) thanks.
  5. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

Not a stupid question at all - but you should be okay. You may still find you want to adjust a bit more but it will at least give you an understanding of all the things you need to do and in what order.