1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

FretBuzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Temezki, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Temezki

Temezki

Jul 1, 2012
    Finland
    Hi

(My bass is tuned ADGCF)I'm getting frett buzz only on the A and D string on the 6th fret. So what is the problem is it just the change of humidity or is the fret worn and it needs a little filing or can it be neck relief issue. Before posting this thread I tested every single fret and the buzz is only coming from the 6th fret of A and D string.

Thanks

2. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013

Probably a minor truss rod adjustment. Try checking your relief with a business card. Press down the 20th fret along with the first fret and see if you can slide a card in around the middle of the fretboard (6th 7th fret). But If it's sitting right on the fret you need more relief in your neck.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Temezki

Temezki

Jul 1, 2012
    Finland
    Thanks I checked the relief by credit card and it didn't fit. Now I leave it overnight after turning the truss rod.(Maybe I have to do more setups because my hands and legs were shaking. I was afraid of truss rod adjustments :bag:)

5. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013

As long as your not turning it too much and turning it 1/4 at a time, you'll be fine:D good idea to leave it overnight too. Let that wood sit in. Good luck.

6. Temezki

Temezki

Jul 1, 2012
    Finland
    I will take it to a guitar shop on Monday. The relief is now good but the fret buzz is still there...

7. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    Hm good idea. Probably unequal frets then.