FretBuzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Temezki, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Temezki

Temezki

Hi

(My bass is tuned ADGCF)I'm getting frett buzz only on the A and D string on the 6th fret. So what is the problem is it just the change of humidity or is the fret worn and it needs a little filing or can it be neck relief issue. Before posting this thread I tested every single fret and the buzz is only coming from the 6th fret of A and D string.

Thanks
  2. Precision101

Precision101

Probably a minor truss rod adjustment. Try checking your relief with a business card. Press down the 20th fret along with the first fret and see if you can slide a card in around the middle of the fretboard (6th 7th fret). But If it's sitting right on the fret you need more relief in your neck.
  3. Temezki

Temezki

Thanks I checked the relief by credit card and it didn't fit. Now I leave it overnight after turning the truss rod.(Maybe I have to do more setups because my hands and legs were shaking. I was afraid of truss rod adjustments :bag:)
  4. Precision101

Precision101

As long as your not turning it too much and turning it 1/4 at a time, you'll be fine:D good idea to leave it overnight too. Let that wood sit in. Good luck.
  5. Temezki

Temezki

I will take it to a guitar shop on Monday. The relief is now good but the fret buzz is still there...
  6. Precision101

Precision101

Hm good idea. Probably unequal frets then.