1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FretBuzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Temezki, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Temezki

Temezki

Hi

(My bass is tuned ADGCF)I'm getting frett buzz only on the A and D string on the 6th fret. So what is the problem is it just the change of humidity or is the fret worn and it needs a little filing or can it be neck relief issue. Before posting this thread I tested every single fret and the buzz is only coming from the 6th fret of A and D string.

Thanks
  2. Precision101

Precision101

Probably a minor truss rod adjustment. Try checking your relief with a business card. Press down the 20th fret along with the first fret and see if you can slide a card in around the middle of the fretboard (6th 7th fret). But If it's sitting right on the fret you need more relief in your neck.
  3. Temezki

Temezki

Thanks I checked the relief by credit card and it didn't fit. Now I leave it overnight after turning the truss rod.(Maybe I have to do more setups because my hands and legs were shaking. I was afraid of truss rod adjustments :bag:)
  4. Precision101

Precision101

As long as your not turning it too much and turning it 1/4 at a time, you'll be fine:D good idea to leave it overnight too. Let that wood sit in. Good luck.
  5. Temezki

Temezki

I will take it to a guitar shop on Monday. The relief is now good but the fret buzz is still there...
  6. Precision101

Precision101

Hm good idea. Probably unequal frets then.