FretFX

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ggunn, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ggunn

ggunn

I just got my new set of FretFX LED side markers, and I am happy with them - mostly. I have a set on another bass that I have had for several years, and the design has changed a bit, and IMO not for the better.

The old design had a battery compartment that held two AAA batteries and a three way switch that selected between off and two different brightnesses. The new set has a battery compartment with a slot that accepts a flat watch battery. There is no switch; you turn the LEDs off by pulling the battery out. There is no brightness selection, and the LEDs are VERY bright (I never use the bright setting on my other set). And then you have to keep track of the battery when you have pulled it out to turn it off. Also, in the 7 or 8 years I have had the other set, I have had to change the AAA's only once or twice. I am sure that these watch batteries won't last anywhere near that long.

Anyway, all things considered, I'd just as soon they had kept the old design. It wasn't broken.
  2. ggunn

ggunn

UPDATE: I put a dab of white out correction fluid on each LED. It absorbs and diffuses enough of the light from the LEDs so that I don't look like I am standing over a set of green footlights when I am playing.