1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fretless 5 string: MTD vs. Zon?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by taylor16, Feb 5, 2013.

1. taylor16

taylor16 Supporting Member

Looking for my next bass... How would you describe the playability and tone of MTD vs. Zon, two bass companies I really am liking right now. I live a few hours away from Chicago and don't have the opportunity to try these out in person...

Really appreciate it!
  2. taylor16

taylor16 Supporting Member

4am bump. Come on y'all.
  3. cnltb

cnltb

I personally like the 'organic' look and 'ambience' of some MTDs.
    I do not very much like the feel of them however when playing one, usually.
    Both, Zon and MTD are well made, usually and I really do not think that there's much in it.
    I wouldn't buy either, although I appreciate both their basses.
    You really need to try yourself to find what suits you.
  4. awesomesawyer

awesomesawyer

if you live in chicago, you could go to bassclubchicago.com , they have tons of high end basses including mtd's and probably zon's too.