1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fretless Bass Musical Context Equipment

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mesaphlin, Feb 13, 2013.

1. mesaphlin

mesaphlin

Hello everyone,

I want to play my fretless bass with a musical context also will be played by me - mostly like playing over the loops I create via using delay and looper and on top of them soloing over it. But also I want to add like a atmospheric context like a pad without touching a midi keyboard etc... I want to do it all on my fretless bass.

So I need something like a bass synthesizer pedal which could give me a pad-like context after I play a single note or a chord so I could add the pad which is made by me on the fretless bass in between my other loops. But I don't know which company makes those kind of pedals and also I don't know where to start to purchase the equipments.

The music will be kind of like Michael Hedges' new age stuff but on a fretless bass.

I need your opinions and thoughts about it.

Thanks so much upfront.
  2. Swift713

Swift713

For synth pad sounds I'd look at either the HOG or POG 2 by EHX unless you want a Roland unit with a midi pickup.
  3. Bur

Bur

A good reverb should work too... Rolling chords in with bass volume with 100% wet signal & long trail on reverb is the way...
  4. Bur

Bur

Most beautiful trails I've heard were from Strymon Blue Sky... But the price is kinda biting...
  5. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

6. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

POG2 --> ehx Freeze