1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Fretless Basses UK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Xoikimo, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Xoikimo

Xoikimo

Hello!

Can anybody let me know where I could get a decent 5 string fretless bass from in the UK for around £500?

Last month I put up at thread asking about 5 string fretless I found. This is it:

Warwick RockBass Corvette $$ 5 string
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_rb_corvette5_fl_nbk_ofc.htm

You guys said that it was good but too high priced for what it was. You mentioned I can get something just as good for a lower price but never stated another FL bass for me to look at, to compare to. :confused: Anyone able help me find a decent one? Links, shops in UK etc..

Thanks

2. JACink

JACink

Have you the chance to try out the ESP LTD B205SM fretless? I have the fretted version waiting for me as a xmas present when I get home, and I chose it based on the reviews and opinions I read here and around the net.

Search for the model on here, at least a couple of TBers have the fretless version and seem to be happy.

Here is the link:
    http://www.espguitars.co.uk/bass-ltd-b205smfl.html

[​IMG]

Unfortunately this is not available on Thomanns anymore.

3. inate_hex

inate_hex

You could try gak.co.uk or guitarguitar. They usually have a decent selection.

4. inate_hex

inate_hex

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. inate_hex

inate_hex

7. MethodsofDance

MethodsofDance

Look into the Cort Artisan. Looks like there's a 5 string version though I've only seen the 4 string one on sale in this country so far, costs around £500 and looks like it has serious potential. I also agree on those LTD B series - I have major GAS for the 4 string one at the moment.

8. MrWalker

MrWalker

The Bass Gallery in London has a couple Fender (MIM probably) Jazz basses and a Squier fretless below £500. They should be decent quality, I think. Gak has a Vintage Icon fretless (Jaco clone) at £224, and thats a pretty good bass at a pretty low price :)