1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fretless basses

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by EBmm5, Feb 25, 2013.

1. EBmm5

EBmm5

Any suggestions on the purchase of an entry level fretless bass ? under 500$ !
    Thanks
    Ken
  2. adamnitti

adamnitti

lots of great choices out there... at that price range for a new bass you might want to check out the Ibanez SR375F or the Ibanez SR370F. yamaha's rbx fretless is also a great bass for the money. i used to have one and it was fantastic. for a used bass you could probably find a nice fender jazz fretless or something similar... hope that helps. i'm sure others will chime in with some great suggestions, as well.
  3. EBmm5

EBmm5

Do you know anything about the cort curbow s ?
  4. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

Used Carvin.
  5. adamnitti

adamnitti

i've never had a chance to check out a fretless version, but i have played the fretted ones. pretty decent build quality for the price but given the choice i'd probably want to make sure to compare it to the others in your price range.
  6. zon6c-f

zon6c-f

If you can't find a fretless Cort Curbow? Try a Squier fretless jazz @ under $400; even less used.

Squier " Jaco JR" comes strung with flats, ebanol finger board.

I tried one at G C. It played as though it was sprayed with WD-40 or Slilicone Spray. Action was too high for my taste as well; another easy fix.

I prefer rounds, easy enough to replace.

Good luck; keep us posted..hoping you find your affordable dream bass.