1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Fretless FrankenFender F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ahollowhd, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahollowhd

ahollowhd

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

The parts:

Fender Highway One Body with Badass Bridge
    Warmoth Teak lined fretless neck
    Aguilar Jazz Pickups
    Audere JZ3 Preamp Vol Vol Treble/Bass Stack
    Thomastik Inflield Flats
    Strap locks
    Fender water slides

Body color is somewhere between coral and cream. Depends on the light.

Asking $650 obo shipped CONUS

My main fretless until my recent Tom Clements acquisition.

Will ship with Frender Gig Bag

More pics here: http://s694.beta.photobucket.com/user/ahollowhd/media/Fretless FrankenFender/IMG_0034.jpg.html
  2. eno50

eno50 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Eno has sent a PM............
  3. ahollowhd

ahollowhd

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

I bought this bass here in January 2011. Here's the description from the original seller:

FS: Heavily Modded High1 Jazz Fretless!!
    Well after spending a good deal on modding my newly aquired jazz bass, I realized its not for me.
    I always end up putting other basses aside and playing my warwick for every gig.
    This bass is killer!! Owned a jaco tribute bass and this thing blows it away by a mile!
    Here is the bass:

It started out as a 2010 highway 1 jazz bass. The body has a november 2010 build date!
    I put in a brand new set of aguilar a60-j4. Warmoth teak neck with madagascar ebony fretless board. It has mother of pearl dot inlays and maple fretlines.
    The bass still sports the stock badass II slotted bridge and greasebucket electronics.
    I put on a black pearloid jazz pickguard (original pickguard included in sale)
    I do not have the original neck nor the original pickups...who needs it anyway =)
    Right now the bass is strung with rotosound 66 nickel rounds. 45-105.
    I will include a brand new set of TI jazz flats with the sale.
    The bass will be shipped in its original fender deluxe gig bag with the original case candy still sealed in its bag.

The warmoth neck is a beauty and adds a lot of growl and attack to the bass. Even without a tremelo technique the bass mwahs as you touch the strings. I put on a 70's era fender silver jazz decal, hipshot 3 string retainer, and schaller tuners!
    This neck would cost over $500 straight from warmoth (not including tuners)
    No finish on the neck as it does not need any.

I added the Audere JZ3. I still have the original control plate and electronics it came with.

Costs for all the parts is well above the price for the whole thing.
  4. ahollowhd

ahollowhd

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

You're daily bump.
  5. ahollowhd

ahollowhd

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

In response to one PM, will try to post sound clip later today or by Monday. Weekend is packed with music and football.
  6. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Tense week... I hope Brissett pulls the W with Driskell out.. Next weekend is going to be insane. I hope the team wakes up to slaughter some indians.

Bump.
  7. ahollowhd

ahollowhd

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Traded the neck for a fretted Warmoth. Closing for now. May return as a fretted FrankenFender.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.