1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Frudua GFJ series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by terreseco, Jan 16, 2011.

1. terreseco

terreseco

Has anyone here tried a Frudua GFJ bass? Any bass from that series. They seem to be made really well. Not sure about electronics. I've seen reviews on youtube and I'm impressed but I would like some more opions on the basses. The price for one of these basses is very good so it seems like a good buy. They claim that their prices are so good because they sell direct. Not sure.

Well if anyone owns one of these basses or has tried one I would appreciate your input.

Thank you!

http://www.fruduadirectdeal.com/frudua_basses.html

2. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

The only Frudua instruments available in the U.S.A. that I am aware of are the "Exlusive" line and the sole distributor is crowders music here:
    http://www.crowdersmusicshop.com/

I would be big on the Fusion 5 if I weren't already pretty maxed out on fretted 5 strings.

3. terreseco

terreseco

Thank you nuke!

My main issue is I live in South Africa. Even though I stay very close to the biggest city here, there is a very little varity of gear to chose from and the prices are most times much more than double the price of gear bought in the US, for instance. A Mexican P bass retails for about $450 in the US. Over here a GOOD cash price for the same bass is $1300. Dont even talk about the price of american fenders or other hi-end basses. Its crazy, and ordering instruments can be a fail sometimes as one of my friends has learnt.

After viewing Frudua's Website though and watching the reviews I almost think it will be worth ordering one with out trying it. Its a chance I'm willing to take if they actually are as good as they say they are. Look I'm not expecting a Lakland or something like that its just, for me, the price is amazing.

I'm just struggling to find good reviews on the basses but the little I've found has all been positive.

Peace!

4. Zapp

Zapp

I was impressed with the Fru tone on some of the youtube vids Dave Marks made - get to hear it side by side with Fender and MM [single pup].

And looking at these has me thinking: which good maker other than MM makes a 2 pup with one single & one double-coil?? especially if there is one with Bart pickups?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Groovling

Groovling

Disclosures:
    Assistant Brand Manager, FruduaDirectDeal
    Yeah, I sure know the Frudua Basses!

And it is true, the reason for the low price is, that Frudua sells directly, without middleman, shop and anything that makes a product more expensive but not better.:D

You have a Brand Assistant in USA who should be able to answer all of your questions. just go to the www.fruduadirectdeal.com page an click on "contacts", you will find someone for USA there.

best regards,

Alex

7. vates

vates

Alex, where these basses are actually made? Can't find it on your site. Thanks.

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

China, most likely.

9. Margus Alviste

Margus Alviste

10. joshmat

joshmat Supporting Member

Lakland

11. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Other than Lakland mentioned above:

Fender
    Warwick
    Brubaker
    Spector
    Peavey
    Music Man
    MTD

Tons of others I'm sure.

12. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Wow...just came across these...I like them. Sent an email to the US rep...hopefully there are a couple in the LA area that I can try out.

13. Groovling

Groovling

Disclosures:
    Assistant Brand Manager, FruduaDirectDeal
    Hey vates! Sorry for my late reply!

The Basses are made in Korea, quality check, setup and all things like that are done in Italy where the company is based.

cheers!

14. N10

N10

I just got an almost new (owner sold it to me after just 3 months of owning it) GFJ 5 with the 35'' scale, sunburst, maple fretboard with pearl block inlays. I have to say this bass blew me away as soon as I set it up (the neck was a bit bowed) and connected it to the amp. Compared to my std JB it sounds and plays 10 times better, the sound (even in passive mode) is much much clearer and likeable - and when you switch to active, well, you can just wonder how it sounds :). Having that humbucker at the bridge position gives you even more depth and what I really like about it is that you can simply pull the volume knob and it splits into a single coil. I prefer it this way, cause in my opinion the jazz sound is just so much better, besides if you'd like a stingray sound, no problem at all, just turn the neck pickup volume down and push the bridge volume and bam, there you have 2 basses in one (it's not the same as a stingray but it is pretty close), even 3 basses (if you count that rolling the bridge pup volume a little down, you get the kinda P sound).
    The only complaint I have about the bass is that the screws at the bridge are too short (when I was tuning up the octaves all of a sudden the screws of the A and E string came out of the saddle)...I guess I'll just change'em with another set of screws, no biggie. Another thing are the knobs...they are cheap plastic ones and when you turn'em they feel so weak, especially the bridge volume one with the push/pull pot is particulary easy to roll, which I don't particulary like. I just spent few hours to find some decent heavy knobs on ebay so they will be changed as well.
    All in all this bass is a real deal for the price, those DiMarzios sound amazing and the neck feel super comfortable + no neck diving! Get one before they raise the price! ;)

15. Avezzano

Avezzano

Frudua contacts

Being you in South Africa, maybe you'd better write directly at sales@fruduadirectdeal.com This is the e-mail of the headquarters in Italy and most likely Galeazzo Frudua in person will read this and arrange something for your best convenience: he is a wonderful human being and you'll be surely impressed.

:) V.