1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Frudua- Tuscany Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wompaa10, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Wompaa10

Wompaa10

Hey everyone. I purchased a Tuscany, Fusion 4 String bass 2 weeks ago.. In 30+ years of playing all kinds of basses. This is the smoothest neck so far. The tone and sustain of this baby is amazing. Check out these basses and the line that Frudua offers.. They will blow you away for the price!! I paid under $600 for mine delivered, smartest move i've made
  2. PersonalTraynor

PersonalTraynor

Disclosures:
    peaveyTraynor freakazoid...
    pics? I'd love to get one of these some day!
  3. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Interesting choice for a first ever post. Almost like an infomercial.

Besides, the Brubaker Brute has a much nicer neck for the same cost.
  4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Have you played a Frudua- Tuscany ?
  5. Kipaste

Kipaste

If I remember correctly this isn't the first sort of infomercial feeling post?

Anyhow, those instruments actually look quite interesting and might actually be great value especially on the european market. I'd definately be interested in trying one out. The semi desperate home shopping network type of homepage is also pretty funny, sort of get the feeling there might be a good chance of getting a set of sushi knives thrown in to sweeten the deal.
  6. allexcosta

allexcosta

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: MLaghus Custom Basses
    Tuscany basses are made by Samick in Korea, so they share similarities with many other basses out there, which is not bad per se, just can't be THAT special...

Galeazzo Frudua is a good luthier and I believe his Tuscany line is well designed and has good feeling and sound.

Yes, that OP sounds like an infomercial...
  7. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    My thoughts exactly.
  8. bassplayarob

bassplayarob

9. allexcosta

allexcosta

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: MLaghus Custom Basses
  10. kjpollo

kjpollo Supporting Member

They were generating a HUGE buzz here a little over a year ago. Then the guy who was going to be the US distributor bailed very abruptly and left a lot of people out in the cold.

There was another take on a Jazz that he was offering with a "double J" bucker at the bridge that I was really considering. But after everything went bust I went elsewhere. A few guys who are pretty regular around here got a couple of the instruments and the reviews were generally positive though not 100%.
  11. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

No pictures = No bass.
    Thanks for the infomercial though:rollno:
  12. yellofury

yellofury

Interesting too bad no 5vers though and judging by their eBay store it seems the Ric lawyers have already C&Ded the Bird model

wow maybe because I just watched "Salt" but popping up an informercial now is like planting a sleeper agent in TB
  13. jkramer5

jkramer5

I've got a Tuscany Swng 4 string. Overall I'd rate it a 7 out of 10.

[​IMG]

Some of the blocks in the neck are crooked, the one right after the nut being the worst, the electronics package in it is mediocre with the active preamp being pretty close to just plain bad. Small cheap alpha pots and very lightweight pickups with a cheap feel to them. The finish is nice if a bit thick. I took the neck off to shim it after I got it and one of the neck mounting holes in the body was stripped.

I bought it when the US distributor was clearing them out, I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it, I remember it being a little more than the Squier VM line at the time, not too bad for what it is.

That said, I like 2008 the Squier VM jazz I have a lot more. Especially at the retail price point of the Tuscany.

I recently bought a used Lakland skyline, more than double the cost of the Tuscany and about 100x the quality and tone.
  14. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  15. Frudua

Frudua

Disclosures:
    Owner - Frudua Guitars
    HI Everyone! Regarding the Swing bass and JK post. The bass he bought from the sale of the old US distributor was made in Vietnam. About one year and a half ago, we moved production to another factory in a different country and be sure the quality is since then very very close to the Korean made Frudua Direct Deal GFJ basses. The Eq is now my design (still active passive). You can see and hear the new Swing in action in the Danvidsinsrock videos on the tube. Write me if any.
    Thanks you! GF
  16. pandaman37

pandaman37

if i didnt trust anybodys word on these basses, id trust davidsinrocks's. ive watched that guy ever since ive started playing, and you can tell he loves these basses. and the tone isnt half bad ‪DavidSinRocks's Channel‬‏ - YouTube
    thats the rick version, i think they call it the bird. im no expert, but i like it...
  17. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Another Fender copy! How original!
  18. roamershaker

roamershaker

saw the T bass jazz styl on yoyu tube i became interested untill i heard it was made in korea by samic;. dont get me rong they make some great basses ;.but come on made in italy i would have gone out my way to try one ;.;.
  19. roamershaker

roamershaker

great to hear you found a bass you like ;. Bass preference is in the hands of the beholder.;
  20. Lemon Of Troy

Lemon Of Troy

That was his one and only post, over two years ago, and was unable to produce a picture of the bass he 'bought'.

Infomercial? Shill? Both?