FS:1967 Guild Starfire I bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by map34157, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

I'm only listing this because i have my radar on something and have to gather some funds. I had TB's JohnK go through it. He set it up and made sure everything works as it should. All original (minus the case) and currently strung with some Fender 9050's. The neck is a C shape with a skinny nut width.

$1800 shipped CONUS only

Attached Files:

• sf1.jpg
      sf1.jpg
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
    • sf2.jpg
      sf2.jpg
      File size:
      40 KB
      Views:
  2. map34157

Some more pics...

Attached Files:

• sf3.jpg
      sf3.jpg
      File size:
      40.9 KB
      Views:
    • sf4.jpg
      sf4.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
  3. map34157

and some more...

Attached Files:

• sf5.jpg
      sf5.jpg
      File size:
      27 KB
      Views:
    • sf6.jpg
      sf6.jpg
      File size:
      29.9 KB
      Views:
  4. wisconsindead

wisconsindead

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Super great guy and the pickup is the real deal this bass is a steal at this price and these babies are just going up in price.
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

This bass is the real deal not one of the imported knock off's that don't even have the correct pickup go compare demos and then hurry back here and grab this one before he changes his mind I would grab it myself but I just bought three basses in the last month or so. I would definitely add this one to the litter if I could it is a bass that continues to go up in value.
  8. andertone

andertone Supporting Member

I've got the 69 version of this bass (see avatar), had it for 40 years, it will be on my chest when I die and my viking boat is set out to sea aflame, there is a mojo in these instruments the new issues do not capture. I just love the SMELL of it, besides the amazing tone. A platform for future modifications as well, I have had many different pickup and preamp combinations
  9. SirMjac28

Would you hold it against me if I rescued that bass from the flames? :) these basses are absolute tone monsters the demise of Guild is one of the greatest tragedies in music history but they were able to create and build some of the best instruments ever and I've noticed the significant jump in their prices over the years. I love reissues but the Guild reissues are so far from the originals they should just be called new models and the prices are ridiculous I don't know anyone in their right mind who would buy one and skip the opportunity to own one like this?.
  10. map34157

Price drop bump
  11. map34157

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.