FS: 1970 Fender Precision Bass Collector Clean

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zacmac, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

I purchased this bass and a 68 Ampeg B15N together last year and it is an incredible instrument. I never thought that I would get rid of this but I have overextended myself financially and I need to let this go to get back on top.

Enough about me, this bass sounds remarkable! very open and resonant as one would expect from an incredible vintage fender that is well seasoned. The pickup is really strong and warm and sounds remarkably well with round-wounds. The neck is ridiculously clean and set up to play fast. The E string is at 7/64ths and the G at 5/64ths. The neck has been refretted expertly and has era correct large frets that are dressed incredibly well.

The body is really clean with basically no checking and only a little rash on the treble side from the case. I can't say enough how clean this is considering its age, really no major missing paint or poly. The overall weight is 8.5lbs on my bathroom scale and it certainly has to attribute to its great sound and resonance. Everyone that plays this bass comments on how light it is immediately.

The pickup, neck and plate are dated to 70' and the pots are 66' (which is normal and really common for 69 & 70 fenders). The pots were unsoldered to clean at one point and the previous owner was not the prettiest at re soldering them but they work well, just not pretty. I installed a treble bleed circuit and it works incredibly well on this bass. The bridge cover is original but I am not sure about the pickup cover. It may be a repro.

The case is original and in good shape other than the fraying handle and one broken latch. I have used a modern fender case since I have had it and put it in the closet.

This is an incredible sounding and playing vintage P-Bass that will make any collector or player happy. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will answer the best I can.

SOLD on TGP

36 Hi-Res photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammcdowell/sets/72157637050744836/

[​IMG]
    IMG_9019 by TheMcDowell's, on Flickr

B15N is also available
  2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Great looking bass. Bet it sounds amazing through that B15.

This could be why. As per the forum rules stickied at the top of the classifieds:

3. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

4. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Bump for a bass I really want. Oh boo hoo. :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

That's why folks are told to read the rules before posting. That's the "heads up". Beautiful bass.
  7. Mas Fuego

Mas Fuego There is more

Bump for my dream year bass
  8. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

9. dakink

dakink

Beautiful bass. I have a sunburst '70 P just like it – well, maybe not as clean! GLWTS.
  10. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

11. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Wish those offers could include partial trades. Beautiful P!
  12. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

Possibly. But I need to generate some cash also
  13. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

14. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

Back on the market bump
  15. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

16. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member