1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: 1976 Ibanez Black Eagle

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BassSurfer, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassSurfer

BassSurfer Supporting Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

Don't really want to do this, but I am forced to due to financial reasons.

For sale (only absolutely NO trades) is a 1976 Ibanez Black Eagle. This bass is an excellent piece of bass history that truthfully lives up to its name. Clocking it at around 13.5 pounds, this one SINGS with endless days of sustain and clarity. It absolutely SMOKES every other Fender Jazz (both American as well as Japanese) that I have tried and or owned.

As most of you know, Krist Novoselic made this one famous during the Bleach era as well as Nirvana's shows in 1992. You can ALSO hear it on Sweet 75's album too in which he used it to record and gig. "La Vida" and "Red Dress" are two numbers where you can distinguish it from every other bass with ease.

Again, I don't really WANT to sell it, but I kinda HAVE to. If it doesn't sell, I will find other means, but this would help alot. I have the original case with the yellow lining/interior too! I am the third owner of this bass. The first owner had it since 1977 but sold it to a pawn shop in 1992 in Pennsylvania where the prior owner purchased it from. He HARDLY used it and it has mostly sat under his bed since he acquired it over twenty years ago.

I am looking for $1250 shipped OBO. Please no low ballers or trades. She has some normal wear and had a headstock repair at one point in time (quite common) but plays BEAUTIFULLY. She has an extremely comfortable neck and a massive tone, especially in the low mids range/register.

I only have one picture right now, but can post more later tonight, and can email/text them to yo whenever you want. I can be texted at 646-529-1426 for quicker communication!

Thanks guys!

Attached Files:

2. th30nlyAket

th30nlyAket

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

holy balls
  3. gard0300

gard0300 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

The ever elusive Black Eagle. Awesome!!!
  4. ryanshu123

ryanshu123

0   0   0

I am interested but wil need a month or two to obtain the money is it still avaliable
  5. BassSurfer

BassSurfer Supporting Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

LONG LONG LONG LONG GONE.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.