FS: 1977 Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by headband, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headband

headband Supporting Member

PRICE DROP - now $1200.

Up for sale is a vintage 1977 Precision bass in very good condition. Ash body, maple neck. This one is a player, original components except the volume and tone control pots/knobs were changed at some time (still CTS) as well as the pickguard. Pickguard is pearloid which I think looks very good on this bass.
    This bass sounds very good - easily the best sounding Pass I have owned. Fit and finish is typical for a '77 - there is a small gap in the neck pocket, not terrible but want to mention it. Neck is very stable. Body condition is remarkable for it's age, neck has a few marks on the back but don't affect playability.
    Weight is around 10.5 lbs, not terrible for an Ash of this time period. I need to sell this one to help pay for the vintage jazz bass I just bought.
    I do have covers for the pickup and bridge.
    Neck is 1 5/8" at the nut - very comfortable size and shape.
    Price is $1200 shipped in a Fender gig bag. CONUS only. Sorry, just don't want to hastle with international shipping.

Detailed photos can be found here: http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/john_gillespie1/slideshow/1977 Precision Bass
    [​IMG]
  2. headband

3. headband

Bump for a price drop!
    Now $1200.
  4. headband

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. headband

Sold! to a fellow TB'er. This is the best sounding precision that I have owned or played - glad it is going to a good home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.