1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: 1977 Precision Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by headband, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headband

headband Supporting Member

PRICE DROP - now $1200.

Up for sale is a vintage 1977 Precision bass in very good condition. Ash body, maple neck. This one is a player, original components except the volume and tone control pots/knobs were changed at some time (still CTS) as well as the pickguard. Pickguard is pearloid which I think looks very good on this bass.
    This bass sounds very good - easily the best sounding Pass I have owned. Fit and finish is typical for a '77 - there is a small gap in the neck pocket, not terrible but want to mention it. Neck is very stable. Body condition is remarkable for it's age, neck has a few marks on the back but don't affect playability.
    Weight is around 10.5 lbs, not terrible for an Ash of this time period. I need to sell this one to help pay for the vintage jazz bass I just bought.
    I do have covers for the pickup and bridge.
    Neck is 1 5/8" at the nut - very comfortable size and shape.
    Price is $1200 shipped in a Fender gig bag. CONUS only. Sorry, just don't want to hastle with international shipping.

Detailed photos can be found here: http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/john_gillespie1/slideshow/1977 Precision Bass
    [​IMG]
  2. headband

3. headband

Bump for a price drop!
    Now $1200.
  4. headband

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. headband

Sold! to a fellow TB'er. This is the best sounding precision that I have owned or played - glad it is going to a good home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.