SOLD FS: 1977 Ric 4001 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by iriegnome, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Media:
    This is one for the players. Just back from my luthier. Plays awesome, brand new set of GHS Brites on it, and it is ready to rumble again. Sent pic's and serial number to Rickenbacker and they confirmed it is an original 1977 Ric 4001 Fretless. Seems to have all original components except the 2 jacks that were replaced sometime in the 1990's but I still have the originals. I did replace the mute on it.
    Pic's will come tomorrow. There is a ton to know about this bass.
    Here is what I have learned - The bass had a problem with the scarf joint. My luthier told me that it was almost like a factory second kind of thing. Never broken, but not glued properly either. The scarf joint was repaird and the headstock sits exactly how it should. There was some neck dive as well. A 1/16" spacer was placed under the board to make the neck/board even out and the board was reset (Again by my luthier) and the back of the neck was repainted to match the rest of the 40 year old body. This bass is in awesome condition. Playable like the day it was new. Again, My letter from Ric confirms this is a 1977 Ric.
    Also, there is binding on the headstock. Ric cannot confirm that this is original, but my luthier says it is most certainly not aftermarket. It is original.
    So there you have it. I have about 30 pictures. All the before during and after shots. I will share on here the after pic's. Anyone truely interested in this sweet Ric can have any and all pic's via e-mail, but only if you are really interested. I don't find it appropriate to send 30 pic's to a hundred people. Sorry about that. I am asking $1750 for it with a soft/hard case.

2. iriegnome

Media:
    Here is a small pic. I will post better pic's tomorrow

Attached Files:

3. iriegnome

Media:
  4. iriegnome

Media:
  5. Register to disable this ad