FS: 1978 Ebony Gibson RD Artist Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TNF, Nov 4, 2012.

1. TNF

TNF

I believe I'm the second owner of this bass. It's all black. Body and neck are maple construction with an ebony fretboard. Some weather checking, a good amount of honest playing wear and scratches and dings noted in the pictures. Typical for a 30+ year old well used instrument. Headstock inlay is flaking a bit of the clear coat in two places, but it's only noticeable if you really look at it. Original Moog electronics intact and working great. All original knobs. Knob for Bass EQ is a little scratchy, but it works fine. Frets are in good condition all up and down the neck. Plays nice, sounds huge. Hardly ever goes out of tune. Only non-original items are the strap holders. They are not installed in the pics, but the bass will be shipped with them installed. Comes with original case. Middle clip on case is missing and one latch is fully functional, but missing the spring. The other works fine. The handle on the case is weak, but functional. I recently rebuilt it to work correctly. The bass measures 11.2lbs on the scale. New strings have been installed. It sounds like a beast! See pics. It's not perfect, but is a great player. Action is suitably low, and it growls with authority.

I've owned this bass for about 10 years now. I've got another RD Artist Bass, and this one was my backup when playing live. I retired from playing bass actively about 5 years ago, and it has seen little action since. It's time to move it on to someone who will use it and love it. More pics are available by request.

Price is: $2000 +$75 shipping to the continental US For the Gibson RD Artist Bass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. TNF

TNF

I've been around here for a few years lurking... I know my post count is low, but I was a part of The Dudepit and Harmony Central for many years. HC username is Texas Noise Factory. eBay userid is djalone. I've never had any complaints on anything I've sold. Always quick transactions! I can supply references if needed.
  3. HertzWhenIPlay

HertzWhenIPlay Supporting Member

bump for an excellent piece of history and a fine bass indeed
  4. dlenaghan

dlenaghan Supporting Member

Wow.. stunning! Makes me want to take up playing long-scales again!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. HertzWhenIPlay

HertzWhenIPlay Supporting Member

playing a bass this awesome would put hair on your chest!
    i should know, i have one!
  7. Instagator

Instagator

Count me in to the hairy chest club..;)

These Basses are awesome..I'm looking for a case for mine if you come across an extra.I'm using an Epiphone Explorer case for now.

BUMP for a cool guitar!!!
    Cheers.
  8. Argali

Argali

Love these basses.
  9. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

As a member of the hairy chest club, I can say nothing bring the ladies to their knees faster than an RD...

Bump and GLWTS.
  10. TNF

TNF

Still looking to bring another member into the hairy chest club.

Thanks for the support guys!

You won't be disappointed with this bass.
    The price includes shipping to con. US for $2000 total. As of 12/17/12
  11. TNF

TNF

It's been a while. I've been busy with other stuff, but this is still for sale. I'll drop the price to $1900 shipped to con. US.

If any of you guys have a reissue Non-Reverse T-bird in Pelham Blue I would be interested in that for trade.
    Possible interest in a reissue '62 jazz Bass with the concentric pots (plus cash) too.

As of 4-7-13.
  12. Zongo7

Zongo7

Is it still for sale ? Do you ship to Europe ?
  13. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    How, good sir, do you embed photos directly in the post?

Cool bass by the way ;)
  14. TNF

TNF

Sorry, I don't check in here much.

To answer questions...

-I don't want to ship internationally, but i would expect the buyer to pay for shipping if I were to. This bass is not light, and the case is huge. It will be expensive to ship. It weighs 28.6 lbs case and all.

-MDBass, put [​IMG] and you will see your pic appear.

-To the person that pinged me via eBay: I replied.

Anyways, this monster Gibson is still available. :)