1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS 1980 Vintage Precision Bass Special, Olympic White w/ HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by freeslicefattyj, Dec 5, 2012.

1. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

Price Dropped to $1250 Shipped OBO

Hello All!

I am beginning to apply to graduate schools for Audiology programs, however due to an outstanding balance with my university they will not let any of my transcripts get sent out until my balance has been paid off. That being said, it is with a very heavy heart that I put up for sale my most prized possession, a 1980 Fender Precision Bass Special.

Since owning it I have played it an hour or so here or there. It has never left my room, and has always sat in its case when not being used. I never even got to gig with it :bawl:... About 6 months ago I got it set-up and had some Rotosound 66's put on it. They have plenty of life left in them and the bass plays wonderfully.

All electronics are properly functioning on this bass. The frets are all in good shape with small amounts of wear. Whoever owned this instrument for the majority of its life didn't seem to use it too much. I have attached pictures of every cosmetic defect worth mentioning. There are a few small chips by the neck pocket on the upper-horn side. There is a small crack by the neck pocket on the lower-horn side. There are a couple of small dings on the headstock, and a ding on the bottom. Other than that, this bass is as clean as you could ask a 32 year old Fender to be, rock solid and ready for another 32.

Everything is all original, down to the gold thumbrest.

This bass ships in a Fender hard shell case.

This bass is a piece of Fender history and not only is it the coolest P Bass I have ever seen/owned, the active electronics sound absolutely killer and the quality is top notch. For any questions please send me a PM or e-mail me at j.schultzaudiosales@gmail.com. PayPal is accepted. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

Few More...

Attached Files:

3. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

Couple More...

Attached Files:

4. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

Aaand just a couple more...

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

Last picture

Attached Files:

7. bearsdad1

bearsdad1 Supporting Member

weight? what width neck is this? thanks

8. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

Hey thanks for the reply! The nut by my measurement (using a ruler app on a phone) is 1 5/8". I don't have a scale available but I can say this is one of the heavier basses I've owned, certainly heavier than the other two P's I've had. I'd say maybe 10lbs or so? Sorry I can't get more specific than that, but this bass is definitely a beast.

9. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

Thursday Afternoon Bump!

10. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

11. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

End of Weekend Price Drop Bump.

12. Kilometers

Kilometers

If I can work out my current bass situation I might be very interested in this. It's beautiful.

13. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

Ha, I completely agree with you. Feel free to keep me in the loop with that, I've had some interest but nothing concrete just yet. Give this beauty a loving new home!

14. freeslicefattyj

freeslicefattyj

This bass is on hold. Deal pending.

15. Kilometers

Kilometers

I don't think I'll be able to do it so good luck man. I hope it gets a great new home :)

16. Mickelodian

Mickelodian

17. Mickelodian

Mickelodian

The bass arrived yesterday a day early from the ups advertised date. It is exactly as pictured and I am very happy to own this bass. I'd like to thank freeslicefattyj for a quick and almost painless transaction. The painful part was the duty paid and had nothing to do with the op. Once again thanks

18. Laurie Bass

Laurie Bass Supporting Member

Being a fellow Canadian you can get around that(Duty) if you use U.S.P.S. (US Postal Service). It takes longer to arrive but it saves you $$.