FS: 1983 Ibanez Roadstar II RB650

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ODDBALL, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Sold

Hello All,

Up for sale is my 1983 Ibanez Roadstar II RB650. This bass is clean for being all most 30yrs old. It does have some players wear on it, that is normal for a bass this old. But clean for its age. Ton's of MOJO on it. It has been professionally setup with a brand new set of GHS Boomers. I also put some Inlay block stickers on it. If you do not like them they are easily removable. Below are some photos that I just took. Just a side note, The bass will ship with original case pictured not the coffin case. The original case has a some wear on it also. Please feel free to pm me with any questions. I can take more photos if needed.

Here is the original Thread from the Tber I bought it from:

FS: Ibanez Roadstar II P-bass, MIJ, Vintage 1983, Burgundy, Maple/Maple, w/HSC-SWEET!

Hey folks!

I wish I could keep them all, but some have got to move on.

I just bought a bass here on TB, so I am trying to keep the herd rotating. This great, vintage Roadstar needs to be played and enjoyed! I am simply not using it, but I clean it and keep in good shape. Give it a great home, please! A great instrument in every way!

This is a Made in Japan (MIJ), Vintage 1983, Burgundy, Ibanez Roadstar II Precision Bass in really good shape and has real vintage MOJO.

I barely use it but it has been well maintained and feels and sounds amazing. Hard to believe this Roadstar is almost 30 yrs old! Everything works perfectly and plays wonderfully. I believe this is all stock.

It has some usual expected wear with a few dings & scratches here and there, but MUCH less than you would imagine from a 3-decades old bass and nothing that has any impact on the functionality /playability of the bass. (I asked the Mrs. how old she thought it was…. She said “I don’t know, 2 years old?”)

This axe has a Maple neck and Maple fret-board and currently strung with GHS Boomers (45-105). Smooth and slick, deep and very P-bass-ish with a thin J-style neck.
    Controls are: V/V/T

For those Ibanez aficionados - - - you know the drill. (this one is very hot! And a true vintage gem IMHO)

Someone is going to be very happy! This Roadstar Rocks…

Serial # is K833068 (November 1983)

Model # is RB650 (RB-650) (MIJ)

Color Code is BY - Burgundy

The vintage, molded, lined Hard-shell case [in pretty decent condition with an Ibanez sticker on the top] – shipped CONUS!

I have done my best to describe this great bass as best as possible, but if you have any questions or want any more pictures, please let me know. Send me a PM.

The package will be shipped securely and professionally.

Thanks for looking.

Enjoy!

$450 Shipped. Pay Pal preferred. No Trades please.

Thanks for looking.

Shaun

Attached Files:

2. ODDBALL

More Photos.

Attached Files:

3. ODDBALL

Couple More.

Attached Files:

4. ODDBALL

One More.

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    One of the greatest bargains in the Bass world! Worth double and amazing bass! Someone should grab this! I have had 3! I miss them! Cheers!
  7. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

very nice, my friend in the hiccups plays one of these
  8. kzr750r1

kzr750r1 Supporting Member

9. ODDBALL

[DEL]Sale Pending [/DEL]

Sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.