1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

SOLD FS: 1983 Yamaha BB-1000s

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by scottice, Oct 20, 2013.

1. scottice

scottice Supporting Member

Sold!

FS: 1983 Yamaha BB-1000S - Rare Beauty!

I bought this for swpyne in late 2009 and has barely been touched since. I've had a child and my hobbies have gone to smaller items like photography. Just no time to play bass, sadly. My loss is your gain.

This bass deserves somebody that can give it the attention it deserves. Someone that can make it sing! That person is not me, and keeping this just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

Original description from swpyne:

"This is a Yamaha BB1000S bass built in Japan in 1984 by Nippon Gakki. Those of you familiar with these early BB Series basses know how great they are. The construction is second to none and the condition of this one is really breathtaking.

There is one ding by the control knobs. This has been covered up with a red and silver Yamaha logo decal (it's actually a badge decal used on Yamaha scooters) which looks pretty good. Other than this one ding the bass is perfect, no rash, no scratches, no headstock chips, no nothing! It looks like it's been under somebody's bed for the last 25 years. No lie!

It has a 3-piece neck (alder/walnut/alder) that runs the length of the body and is topped by a rosewood fingerboard. It is finished in transparent red.

It has a reverse Precision-style pickup in the neck position and Jazz-style pickup in the bridge position. There is a 3-way pickup selector to switch between neck pickup only, bridge pickup only, and both pickups together. The two knobs are master volume and tone control.

The playability is excellent with very low action and no buzzes or dead spots that I can hear. It has a new set of D'Addario rounds on it and the sound of this bass is outstanding. It is loud and clear with huge growl.

Weight is 9.12 lbs. on my digital scale.
    Not too bad for a vintage neck-through bass.

No wonder pros like Tony Kinal, Lee Sklar, George Hawkins and Michael Anthony have played these wonderful instruments for many years.

The bass will ship in a new SKB-44 Road Case (Retail $134).

There are absolutely no issues with this bass. It's a rare find and it could be yours!"

$825.00 includes UPS Ground shipping and insurance in the continental US.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. pablop

pablop Supporting Member

Bump for a gret bass. I used to have the same exact bass and they are incredible.
    Only sold it after getting a bb2000. Older yamahas rule.
    Great bass here.
  3. Dr Dan

Dr Dan

I think I'm the one who sold this to Spencer (I know I'm the one who added the Yamaha decal). Solid as a rock, jaw-dropping tone, and I never should've sold it. Good luck with the sale!
  4. scottice

Dammit Dan, you're making me question my decision to sell. :)
  5. scottice

Halloween Bumpage!
  6. Spaldo

Spaldo

That is mint!!!
  7. scottice

Yes, yes it is. :)
  8. Stev187

Stev187 Peavey MegaBass Club! Supporting Member

Wow, this one is in great condition! I have this exact bass, but mine is pretty chewed up. The one I have is 100% original, and this thing has the most killer p-bass tone I've ever heard!

If I didn't already have one, I'd be sorely tempted. Here's a sound sample I did where you can hear all 3 pickup settings with pick, slap, and fingers.

http://youtu.be/0gNNsF3zSTg

Great bass. GLWTS.

--Steve

P.S. Here's some scanned product lit from back in the day. Man, I wish mine was this clean:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Oh no, not this one again! I have regretted selling this one and have thought about it often. It's a pristine example of one of the finest 4 string basses ever built IMO. Finding one of these in this kind of condition is unheard of anymore. If I didn't already have two BB2000's and a BB3000 I'd seriously consider buying this one back. Whoever ends up with this will be one happy bassist! GLWTS!
  10. scottice

Price drop. Locally listed on Craigslist.
  11. hellboy

hellboy

Bump for a gorgeous bass (assuming you're still selling it).

How well does that SKB-44 case fit the BB1000S? Did you have to do anything to the interior moulding?
  12. scottice

Still for sale. A few low offers so far, but I'm not willing to go down on this gem.

Bass fits pretty good in there. A little neck movement up and down but no shift lengthwise.
  13. hellboy

hellboy

Thanks for the info. Good luck!
  14. bassfart

bassfart Gold Supporting Member

I love this bass bump.
  15. bassfart

bassfart Gold Supporting Member

16. scottice

Lots of interest yet no paper in my hands yet. It's the perfect Xmas gift, being Red and all.
  17. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    Trades?
  18. scottice

Need to pay off some camera gear so not at this time. Sorry.
  19. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

runnin with the devil, bump
  20. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

That is absolutely gorgeous. Good luck with the sale, and I know any buyer will be very happy.