1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: 1986 Aria Pro II SB Integra

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Alembic83, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Hi, I've got an Aria Pro II SB-Integra for sale. SOLD It's an '86 and was made in Japan. This is the first generation of the Integra series, and the best in my opinion. I'm only selling this one because I have another one in mint condition that I'm hanging onto. These are pretty cool basses and the same model Billy Gould used on Faith No More's The Real Thing and Introduce Yourself. It is a 34" scale, 24 frets, has a three piece maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, basswood body, active P/J pickups and bass, treble, pickup balance, and volume for controls. It has a very comfortable neck and a small body.
    I just had it setup with 45-105 Blue Steels...

A couple of things that should be mentioned: First, I had my tech do the "washer trick" on the truss rod to give it an extra turn or so. It's setup with nice, low action at the moment. The neck is straight. Second, when you turn the bass all the way down, it also turns the volume down. I'm not sure why this is happening. Controls seem to be fine otherwise, though.

I recorded a short demo to try and give some idea of the sound of the bass. There are also pictures on this video:
    Aria Pro II SB-Integra Bass Demo - YouTube

Also, here is a catalog page giving all of the specs:
    Aria Pro Catalogs :: cat_1986ariapro_page_051.jpg picture by vintagejapanbass - Photobucket

It's definitely in "used" condition so there are plenty of dings, scratches, and dents on it.

I'm asking $400, plus shipping (probably around $50-60 via USPS, I have a big box for it for extra protection). SOLD. I will ship worldwide, too. I have a decently padded gig that I'm including. I'm not really looking for any trades at the moment.
    Thanks!
    More photos:
    Aria Pro II SB-Integra 1986 Black pictures by vintagejapanbass - Photobucket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    207   0   0

Sweet bass Jason! I'm tapped at the moment. :crying:

Top Notch TBer Bump! :bassist:
  3. Mo_Fonk

Mo_Fonk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Can you hip me to what the washer trick is please ?
  4. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    207   0   0

A common fix is to back out the truss rod nut, modify a couple of washers so they will slide over the truss rod as spacers, then re-install the truss rod nut. Gives you more adjustment. :cool:
  5. bigsnack

bigsnack Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

6. Alembic83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Yes, what MaddAnthony said! :)
  7. Alembic83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

PM Replied!

8. Alembic83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Actually, the bass is still for sale! We had a little mix up where the buyer already bought this same model before...from me! :) So, this Integra is still up for grabs.
  9. Alembic83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

10. Alembic83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Sale Pending...
  11. Alembic83

Rating - 100%