1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: 1986 Fender Precision MIJ, Grover tuners,'57 reissue p/u

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tugboat, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugboat

Tugboat

If you're looking for an older MIJ P bass that looks great and plays great this is the bass for you. I'm actually only the second owner of this bass. The bass is in fine shape with only one small ding that goes through the finish. (pic below) Other than that there are your typical small dents and surface scratches that you would expect on a 28 year old bass, and there are a few small cracks here and there. This bass has sen it's fair share of action. The neck and fretboard are great and the action is low and this thing plays great. The tuners were professionally replaced with Grovers, see pics, and the p/u is the Fender '57 reissue. I do not have the original stuff. The bass is really nice to play but I really just can't play a four string anymore, or at least never do, so this is just sitting doing nothing. Original Fender hard shell case included as well of course. I'd like to get this baby sold so new low price.

Asking [DEL]$750[/DEL] $600 shipped CONUSA and I will gladly entertain reasonable offers.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. lax4bags

lax4bags Gold Supporting Member

I have this bass in candy apple red and it something special for sure. Vintage vibe going on!

3. Tugboat

Tugboat

Bump for offers?

4. Tugboat

Tugboat

Bump for new low price

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tugboat

Tugboat

Bump $650 shipped conusa

7. unclebass

unclebass

What is neck profile like? Thinner or chunky? Nut width? And any interest in trades?

8. Tugboat

Tugboat

I can't answer right now....in bed. Tomorrow. No trades. I need $$.

9. Tugboat

Tugboat

The neck is definitely not chunky at all. The nut width is 1 5/8". The neck plays smooth and the action is great.

10. Tugboat

Tugboat

BUMP $600 shipped CONUSA A frigging STEAL at this price, trust me.

11. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    is the truss rod maxed or any neck problems?

12. Tugboat

Tugboat

I've never touched the truss rod to be honest and the neck is fine. Just as an FYI when I bought the bass from the original owner the guy who did the tuners and p/u tuned it up and everything was perfect. The guy happens to be a mutual friend of both of ours which is how I met the owner in the first place.

13. Tugboat

Tugboat

14. Tugboat

Tugboat

15. Tugboat

Tugboat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.