1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS: 1989 Peavey Foundation w/ Super Ferrites in Sunfire Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by invalidprotocol, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Ok, I'm posting this again but for good this time. I've had my fun with it but its too heavy for me to gig with and I'm about to pull the trigger on a custom build so the funds will come in handy.

The short: A mostly closet kept 1989 Peavey Foundation, made in the USA, minimal fret wear and plays like a dream.

Current setup is with Dunlop Nickels 45-105 and it sounds very good. I still think my favorites on this bass are DR Low Rider 40-100 as it gets really snarly.

Relief at 8th fret .0125
    String height at 17th fret
    - E and A strings 6/64th
    - D and G strings 5/64th

Played fingerstyle it is a perfect setup IMHO. Heavy with a pick and you get a little bit of fret buzz, particularly noticeable when played in the upper registers where it is dead flat from 13th fret on. Peavey didn't create any fall away so I'd recommend increasing string height to 7/64th and 6/64th (which is about right for 8" radius anyway) or having a luthier create a hair of fall away if you demand the super low action with a pick all the way up. I guess I'm being picky on your behalf.

I've continued keeping it snug in the closet only breaking it out to play around with it in my non-smoking home, short of one gig where I realized quickly it was too heavy for my bad back.

I've looked it over again and realized I put in one more fine scratch of about an inch long. All other details sans what I've listed above are the same. More details and photos from older post... http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/1989-usa-peavey-foundation-w-super-ferrites-1019321/ Pardon the slow image loads.

$250 FIRM + Shipping CONUS.
  2. invalidprotocol

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

PM's replied and a possible deal in the works for 2/12 but still officially available. Don't miss out its Friday payday! TTT
  3. invalidprotocol

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Whoever buys this will be a happy camper! It plays terrific, has a great feeling neck and super minimal fret wear to boot!
  4. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

it's purty

[​IMG]
  5. footofgod

footofgod

0   0   0

My first new bass ever was a Foundation back in 1993. Loved it! This a great starter bass for someone.
  6. invalidprotocol

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Thanks for the kind comments. This bass is solid and perfect for a backup or even a primary gigging bass. You will find few in this good of condition with the original super ferrites.
  7. Massbassman15

Massbassman15

0   0   0

8. invalidprotocol

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Dragging a photo to the front...

I've received several PMs but still no confirmed sale. To clarify this bass DOES come with the original case as pictured. It has Dunlop straplocks installed AND I will include the original strap pins. You won't be disappointed in this bass.

Actual cost of Fedex home shipping to the central US has been a little less than $30.

[​IMG]
  9. BobD

BobD

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You have PM
  10. invalidprotocol

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

11. invalidprotocol