1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

FS 1990 MIA Fender Jazz Bass + OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by morgansterne, Dec 15, 2012.

1. morgansterne

morgansterne

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

*******************sold locally*************************

The 1990 date is according to the serial number E91178. I bought the bass at a GC store in 1999. The original nut has been changed to a brass nut. Everything else is original at least to the day I bought it.

I tried to get the headstock text in the photo but my cheap camera couldn't focus that close up.

The neck has a slight crook to it. A local guitar setup person moved the bridge over slightly towards the E string to compensate for the G string being too close to the edge of the fretboard.

I recently shimmed the neck slightly with two pieces of credit card type material -- the saddles were close to maxed out and this enabled me to get the intonation right on without lowering saddles all the way.

There's never been any electronic problems and I love the tone quality. You can hear it at
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dansmithandthedeepclevel

tracks 11 15 and 18 have the bass nicely audible.

The case is in beat up condition with scratches and one latch missing. I prefer to include it in the sale as I think it's safer to ship that way.

I have more pictures which I can email you if you send me a PM.
    I'm not sure how much this is worth so I'll ask for $700 which would be enough to fund the next bass I'd like to get.

Attached Files:

2. morgansterne

morgansterne

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

the bridge adjustment and nut change were done about two years ago and the online samples I posted were recorded after that. You can see the scratched up very top of the headstock in pic #2.

Attached Files:

3. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Nice longhorn and good price. I have a similar one and love it.
  4. morgansterne

morgansterne

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Feel free to PM me an offer if you like, I already ordered my next bass and ready to move this one.
  5. morgansterne

morgansterne

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

my new hofner icon sounds great but I'd sure like to sell this one to pay for it.

Attached Files:

6. bichibreaker

bichibreaker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

do you ship to argentina?
  7. morgansterne

morgansterne

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

sorry I didn't get back to you bichibreaker . . . I sold this locally.