1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

FS: 1991 Rickenbacker 4003 Fretless Red w/black with perfect case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ottorecker, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ottorecker

ottorecker

Here it is…a red 1991 Rickenbacker 4003 fretless with black trim. It is in very good shape for its 20 year age. The finish is still shiny but it does have a bit of worming here and there and there is a bit of finish checking. It is very difficult to photograph and not noticeable at all from just a few feet away. There is one spot where the finish is worn through (see pics). The fingerboard is in good shape. A previous owner must have had rounds on it for a brief time but like the body is difficult to photograph or even see the wear on the fingerboard. Needless to say it is very minor and you would not see it unless you are really looking for it. Bridge pickup cover not shown but included. The case is not original but it is a Rickenbacker vintage re-issue case that has literally not left my house since I bought it. IOW, it is in perfect condition. $1750 shipped CONUS.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. deputy42

deputy42

3. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Stunning. Hope you don't mind but I linked it over to the Rick Resource Forum.

4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Just to be clear, this finish color is Red, not Ruby. Ruby is more of a candy apple red over a silver basecoat. Still, an excellent example of a fairly clean 4003FL in a rare color. I can attest to the sound of these babies. Nice thick fundamental, plenty of round boom while still having lots of clarity in the mix.

A nice price too.

7. OOTB68

OOTB68

Wow. I have the fretted version of this bass, in the same rare color scheme. You don't come across this color very often at alll, let alone in a fretless version. I wish I had the cash to grab this and have the fretted/fretless matched set. Best of luck with the sale, as this is a beautiful instrument.

8. jbossolo

jbossolo

WOW. I have a 2005 Ric in Blueburst, and it has a fantastic growl to it. I imagine this baby must sound like Angels singing. GLWS!

9. basmansam

basmansam Supporting Member

Awesome bass!! GLWTS!! Someone will snatch a great bass at a great price!!

10. ottorecker

ottorecker

Thanks for the nice comments and to FretlessMainly for the color correction. I hope it finds a good home....

11. basmansam

basmansam Supporting Member

Nobody bought this FL yet?? Killer bass for a killer price!!! Won't see another one like this.

12. ottorecker

ottorecker

Yeah....wish someone here would...Because I know it would go to very good home via TB....I am not keen on putting this on ebay...this is one I bass I would keep 'cause it is very cool....in fact i consider it the best of my very meager stable. I just do not play it very much at all but I am not keen on getting rid of this particular one...unless it goes to a much loved home...

13. demon666

demon666

I wish I could swing this right now.

14. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    pics coming soon

15. Hot Pocket

Hot Pocket

bump. Trades or partial trades?

16. Jaymi