1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: 1995 Ibanez ATK305: The Stingray Killer

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ODDBALL, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Sold

Hello All,
    A cost has just popped up and I have to sell this bass that I just bought here on TB. Here is the original ad.

For sale here is my made in Korea 1995 Ibanez ATK305 5-string. This is from the "vintage" first run of ATKs which many people prefer to the newer ones, myself included! IMO, woods are nicer and the neck profile is slightly thinner. Other than that the only major difference design-wise is that this one has the behind the nut truss rod access.

If you are looking at this bass you probably know a bit about ATKs but in case you don't, they were Ibanez' version of the Musicman Stingray which had a lot of market presence in the 90s.

Ibanez came up with a great competitor, and depending on your preferences, they added many "enhanced features."

The bass features a 3 coil active pickup in the EBMM Stingray’s “sweet spot” (I call it the Spank Spot!). There is a 3-way coil tap that allows you to get a variety of sounds out of the one triple coil pickup. The pickup is mounted into an over-sized high mass bridge which improves sustain and allows you to either string through the bridge or through the body.

There is a 3-band preamp powered by a single 9V battery.

The action on this baby is nice and low and she has tone for days. Great bass for popping and spanking or just plain plucking. This bass was just given a pro setup and has a new set of EB Slinkys on with less than 20 minutes of playing time on them!

A bit of trivia: Mark White of the Spin Doctors endorsed and played these through the 90s if that means anything to you!

The body is a natural finish and is in excellent condition. The body is almost perfectly clean. Just a small smudge that would barely photo at the lower edge where scotch tape was once put to prevent scratching (great idea!). This should come out no problem. A couple of light pencil size compression dings behind the neck and an inch long scratch behind the 1st/2nd fret towards the G string as show. None are felt not do they affect playability and your audience will never see them. In short, this is in amazing condition for an almost-20-year-old funk machine. Also note the nice figuring on the woods!

I am asking [DEL]$350 split shipping w/me,[/DEL] CONUS. PayPal is preferred. No Trades at this time.

Thank for looking
    Shaun

Attached Files:

2. ODDBALL

More Photos.

Attached Files:

3. ODDBALL

More Photos

Attached Files:

4. ODDBALL

Photos

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ODDBALL

More

Attached Files:

7. ODDBALL

More Photos

Attached Files:

8. ODDBALL

More Shots

Attached Files:

9. ODDBALL

Some More

Attached Files:

10. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher

Disclosures:
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor, Lakland
    Wow ..nostalgia. This was one of the first basses I ever gassed for when I was a kid. I was a fan of the spin doctors and the bass playing.

Really highly rated bass when it came out. If I was in the market to buy a bass, id be all over this. Good luck with the sale..people need to look this bassup, there are nice writeups on it in old Bass Player mags.
  11. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

I can vouch for this bass and for the seller. Both are great.

This ATK305 is one of the nicest I've owned, and I have owned a few!

GLWTS.
  12. jlepre

jlepre

How much does it weigh, and do you happen to know the string spacing? Is the neck close to an SR5?
  13. ODDBALL

I would say around 9 or 10 pounds. My Yamaha BB425X feels heavier. Looking at the old ATK Club threads it looks like the 5 string spacing is 16.5mm. I am not to familiar with stingrays. I have never owned or really played them.

This is a great bass. You would be very happy.

Shaun
  14. Jamie_Funk

Jamie_Funk Supporting Member

I've owned a couple of these and they kill. The string spacing is 17mm, not 16.5. On MM SR5 is 17.5mm. There is a difference but fairly close.

J
  15. DubHunter

DubHunter

nice! sweet deal
  16. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    Where was this when I was looking for one?!?!?!
    Awesome basses. I, too, GAS'd for one of these as a youngster... and not much has changed. :bassist:

GLWTS!
  17. millsbass5

millsbass5

Damn. Why can't they offer these with a wider string-spacing? I'd be on this like white on rice, if that was the case.
  18. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

19. ODDBALL

And Sold. Thanks Sleevey55
    Shaun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.