1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: 1998 Fender Roscoe Beck V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smeet, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

I recently bought this awesome instrument from a fellow TBer and love it, but I need to free up some cash, and the P5 wins out for my current projects. My drummer doesn't want me to get rid of this bass, but you know how it goes...

This is a FAT, BURLY sounding bass, and one of the most solid feeling I've played, with an excellent B string, and a whole mess of cool tonal options in a passive bass. The original bridge has been replaced with a Badass V.

Here is a previous sale thread for the bass, with lots of nice pictures: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-fender-roscoe-beck-v-1998-a-928170/

Overall this bass is in amazing shape, but here are all the flaws (you have to look carefully to find them):
    - Small impressions at top of peghead and 1/4" overlap from bridge replacement. Visible only with close inspection. (photos in above link).
    - Two very small (and smooth) dents in the finish on the upper bout where your right forearm rests. I couldn't really get pictures of these.
    - On the mini-switch that controls the coil switching on the bridge pickup, the switch handle rotates, although the switch works just fine.

Comes with a gig bag.
    $1350 shipped in the CONUS. PayPal preferred.

A picture stolen from Edward G's ad:
    [​IMG]

2. morguedoc71

morguedoc71 Supporting Member

Eek! Where was this two weeks ago, lol! Awesome bass...

3. baba

baba

4. Chuck M

Chuck M

My Roscoe Beck 5 resides among my Pedulla, Ken Smith and Roscoe basses. That should tell you what I think of it.

It is the best production 5 string that Fender has produced so far IMO. Too bad they did not sell more of them so they could have kept them in production.

Chuck

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smeet

Everybody needs at least 3 of these!

I'm looking at you, baba. :bag:

7. satellite4

satellite4

8. drnknmstr

drnknmstr

You play in Uberband?!

"We are Uberband. You are not." Haha, one of the best lines uttered on a stage, ever.

I had considered buying this bass before you got it. I'm local. Oh man, this is bad. Does this have that fat neck or the skinny neck? I've had a few RBs with both kinds of necks.

9. baba

baba

Doh!:ninja:

If it was a new to me color I might be in trouble.

10. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

My main player is this same bass color and all. You can't go wrong with it. It just does it all....... J, P(ish), MM and everything in between.

Good luck!

11. smeet

I do play in Uberband, although we are too ugly, sad, and scary to get booked too often these days... :meh:
    Oh well, more time to write angry atonal nursery rhymey songs!
    Come say hi at a gig sometime!

I'm not sure if the neck is fat or skinny, this is the only one I've ever played. It's not what I would call skinny, but that's pretty subjective. How do I measure it to make sure?

12. Tomis17

Tomis17 Supporting Member

Roscoe Beck basses are gorgeous! This one is no exception. Is the mod only the bridge or are the pups modded too? They look like nordy big splits to me.

13. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

They appear to be the stock (designed by Bill Lawrence!) pickups.

14. smeet

Yes, those are the original Lawrence designed pickups.

RBV is on hold pending payment...

15. smeet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.