1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD FS: 1998 Warwick 5 String FNA ALL WENGE NECK, UPGRADED ELECTRONICS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FNA, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNA

FNA

Price drop, now $875!
    Ask me about local pickup for a better deal.

I am selling my beautiful '98 Warwick 5 string FNA with an ALL WENGE neck and fretboard. My luthier upgraded the pickup and preamp to a Bartolini MV5CBC and an 18 V Audere Pro Z. He also added a series/single/parallel switch which you never find on the regular FNA's. Knobs: volume, stacked treble and bass, stacked high and low mids. 3-way Z-mode switch for the Audere preamp.

Tonal flexibility out the wazoo and that can be dialed from a nice thump to internal organ shaking lows and mids. Action is low and the neck plays fast.

Condition is good with a few minor nicks in the finish. Neck is straight and the truss rod moves properly.

Hate to sell it, but I need to thin the herd. For sale only, no trades, please. Asking [DEL]USD$1000[/DEL] USD$875 shipped CONUS or reasonable offers. Payment through PayPal. Ships with a Levy's strap and a Gator ATA flight case. Will do local pickup in the Philadelphia area.

Please let me know if you have questions. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grumpyjfc

grumpyjfc Supporting Member

NICE!!!!! I have a 97 FNA Jazzman, great basses.

3. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

I second how nice this bass is, having played it in person. Don't let 0 feedback bother you, FNA is a great dude I've known since college. Whoever buys this bass is in for a pleasant transaction and a sweet piece.

4. FNA

FNA

Thanks, guys.

I'm open to reasonable offers. You know you've always wanted an Audere pre! This is your chance, paired with a Bart pickup and Warwick quality!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

+1 on all counts. I also having played this bass in person can tell you that it's tone and playability is absolutely killer. It was my first time playing with an Audere pre-amp, which is a totally different beast, but extremely flexible and very powerful. Bass is in beautiful condition, plays wonderful and sounds amazing.

So why, if I am so over the moon for this bass do I not own it? Only cause I bought a different of FNA'a basses (FNA Jazzman to be exact, see a pattern) which I am totally stoked for. FNA is an awesome guy, and now that I have met him, I am actaully pretty sad to see him moving away which is the impetus for this sale.

God Speed my friend!!

7. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

I'm sad to see him go, too. He's a great friend and bandmate. Amazing new adventure for him and his wife, though. Someone buy this bass, bump!

8. FNA

FNA

Price drop bump! Now, only $875! Thanks for looking.

9. FNA

FNA

10. Kobilly

Kobilly Supporting Member

Love FNA's but the weight has bothered me. What is the weight on this one? I am interested in this bass

11. FNA

FNA

Thanks, I will weigh it on my bathroom scale this evening.

12. Andrewsavchuk

Andrewsavchuk

what is maximum string space on bridge?

13. FNA

FNA

The bass weighs in at 10 lbs. The string spacing is currently 16.5-17 mm at the bridge. I found this to be a good spacing given the width of the neck. However, you may be able to squeeze another 0.5-1 mm out of it.

14. FNA

FNA

On hold, sale pending.

15. FNA

FNA

Sold for $800 shipped. This bass is on its way to a new owner and a happy home!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.