1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

FS: 1998 Warwick Dolphin 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 5stringthumpin, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

With the help of some friends this is my first for sale post. So hope I doing this right.

I have a warwick dolphin bass for sale. The number on the back of the headstock shows this bass was built in Germany in 1998. It has an ovangol body, ovangol/wenge neck thru body construction, with wenge fingerboard and MOP dolphin inlays.
    The bass is in very good shape for a 16year old instrument. Some scratches, a wear mark over the neck pick up from thumb use. There is one minor issue. The stacked volume knob will spin on the post of the pot if it is forced past it's stop point. The pots work clearly, bass sounds awesome. The fix would either be tightening the Allen key in the knob, or getting a new knob from Warwick, which usually they ship for free. Includes a fairly rough but sturdy hard case and warwick owners kit.

I'm asking 2500, includes shipping. CONUS only, paypal preferred. Questions welcome. Currently not cross posted. Bass is located in New Jersey. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388953529.843979.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388953550.895612.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388953575.250447.jpg
  2. CeeJ

CeeJ

PM'd!!!!!!!
  3. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Hey!!! Nice bass!!! Wish people would sell their other sweet basses on here ; )
  4. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

What is the string spacing on this bass?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 5stringthumpin

The string spacing on this bass is standard for a warwick 5 string, a bit on the tight side for my big banana hands (probably why I favor my streamer stage 1 and laklands). Ceely...you never know what I may put on here next :)
  7. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Yeah, I have a '99 and I think it
    s a Snug 16.5mm. I'm looking to trade mine for a '91, which is the year of the B r o a d - N e c k! And the Satin Silver hardware!

GLWTS!
  8. 5stringthumpin

SOLD SOLD SOLD. :) Thanks for the interest guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.