1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

FS: 1999 Lakland 55-94

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by d00dr, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

I can't believe I'm doing this but for sale is my 1999 Lakland 55-94. I purchased this bass about 9 months ago and, as much as I'd love to keep it, I unfortunately need to let her go...

Serial number 5650. Translucent Blonde. Bartolini electronics. 9.8 lbs. It's in really great shape for a 15 year old bass that's been on numerous tours and has been played very frequently. The front of the body is super clean. The rear of the body has a couple of nicks, which I've tried to show in the pictures. The neck is immaculate, zero dings or dents, and plays like a dream. The fretboard is quite possibly the most gorgeous birdseye maple I've ever seen on a bass, Lakland or other. Its absolutely breathtaking. The headstock has a bit of wear going on, which I've also detailed in the pictures.

This bass also has some pretty cool history attached to it. I bought it from Tully Kennedy, Jason Aldean's bassist, via The Low End Bass Shop in Murfreesboro, TN. Earlier in its life, it was owned by Darryl Anders when he toured with Tower of Power.

$2250 shipped and insured CONUS via PayPal takes it. Includes (original?) cream Lakland hardshell case in decent condition and an extra Tort pickguard, in case you don't like the black one that is currently installed. Dunlop straplocks installed.

Not really interested in trades as I really need the money, unfortunately. However, I could possibly be persuaded into a Lakland Skyline 44-51 or 44-64 + cash. Perhaps even a Fender P-bass or something along those lines as long as there's a fair amount of cash coming back to me. I would also love to trade for a 2011 Lakland 55-01D Trans Blue w/ maple fretboard (long shot, I know.)

Thanks for looking!

I tried to take some pictures of the bass outside with the snow in the background so you can see the Translucent Blonde against the white snow. Otherwise, it can be difficult to tell by pictures that it is in fact Translucent Blonde and not Translucent White:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Took some pictures indoors as well so you can see the tort guard vs the black guard. My apologies for the poor lighting and blurrier shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member

4. gforcemusic

gforcemusic

It always amazes me to see the journey an instrument can take, and where it ends up :)

This was my bass shortly after Darryl Anders owned it. It is a fantastic instrument, and without question the best Lakland I ever owned (out of the four). The few little marks on it were present when I acquired it, and I thought they gave the bass character....and it felt played....broken in like a great 'vintage ' bass after it has been played for many years. I was the one who had the Dunlops flush mounted....sorry.

I recorded several tracks for a couple of CCM artists, and used it for many performances...funny, I still think about this bass! Guess I added a bit to it's history....ha!

It is a GREAT bass!!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jorgera

jorgera Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing M.Laghus Custom Bass
    same here that was once my bass, if i wasn’t playing only my LG5 this days, i would get her back, great bass with an amazing neck
  7. pedullamvp5

pedullamvp5 Supporting Member

Width @ 1st fret...????
  8. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

She made it all the way to east coast! It really is an amazing bass. I'm really sad to see it go. I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep it. I really, really don't want to let it go. Glad to hear you got the chance to add to the rich history of this incredible instrument!

You're absolutely right! This bass has the BEST neck out of any bass I've ever played. Its so smooth and fast, its ridiculous!
  9. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

1.81" at the nut. Not sure if the 1st fret is the same. I'd have to try and measure it later for you...
  10. dtsamples

dtsamples Supporting Member

Killer. GLWTS. Wish I were in the market.
  11. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

One of my favorites as well. Glwts.
  12. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Thanks, guys! Like I said, I really wish I didn't have to let her go. Truly a killer workhorse, no doubt...
  13. Tampabass

Tampabass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    not a rocket scientist, but I play one on TV
    nice! GLWTS.
  14. tpolgrafix

tpolgrafix

Any interest in a USA Joe Osborne 5?

Candy apple red, white pickguard, spalted maple neck. Serial # 5JO 17.
  15. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

16. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

Very cool bass with a sweet history. I have a skyline 55-02 that I love. Hopefully sometime soon I'll be in the market for a USA made version, love that Birdseye maple!!
  17. mflatau

mflatau

Great looking guitar! I just got a '99 Lakland 55-94. Best sounding and playing bass I have ever put my hands on. They definitely made 'em really well back then! Whoever buys this will NOT be disappointed! GLWTS
  18. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Thanks, guys! I keep going back and forth on this and I'm having a really hard time letting go. The reality is, I'm cutting back on my gigging schedule to spend more time with my family. I have a 55-02 and 55-01 that are more than sufficient for my current needs.
  19. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Great looking bass!

I had a 2000 that was remarkable....never should have sold it
  20. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Thanks, Doug! Although you're not making it any easier for me ;)
  21. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

oops...sorry man.....:atoz:

ahem....buy this GREAT bass from a great TBer and

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.